Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sites for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I think a cap should be introduced on the amount of price ammendments that can be made once a site is listed for sale, with the exception of those where active negotiations between seller AND buyer are happening in the thread or where multiple buyers are bidding.

It's obviously a sellers perogative how much they want for their site and I'm not trying to dictate what people should want for them, but I'm getting annoyed with sites being listed at high prices then being reduced down daily in small increments to low prices. It keeps threads that would otherwise be getting no attention lingering at the top for ages. I can see the appeal of this for a seller but in the long term it just damages their credibility.

A limit on the amount of ammendments would maybe make sellers start at a more realistic price and generally speed up the whole sales process.

Maybe 3 ammendments to be used in any time period, then one every 5 days thereafter? Thoughts?

What about other posts by certain members often being regurgitated, are you wanting to limit the amount of posts they can do ?

I say cr*p idea, live with it

I was thinking the same thing as theonemanyuri.

Adding 'PR3' to the title annoys me too, when the only links to the site are from the owner's network and will be removed on purchase.

I suppose it's down to the seller but it certainly puts me off buying.

Last edited:
What about other posts by certain members often being regurgitated, are you wanting to limit the amount of posts they can do ?

I say cr*p idea, live with it

Not really sure what you mean? I don't want to limit any posts, just price ammendments. There are other ways of bumping your thread without price ammendments obviously, but I don't see they would be necessary as sites would likely sell much quicker if prices were more realistic to start with.

Not really sure what you mean? I don't want to limit any posts, just price ammendments. There are other ways of bumping your thread without price ammendments obviously, but I don't see they would be necessary as sites would likely sell much quicker if prices were more realistic to start with.

If you have no interest in the offering whatever the price, ignore the (subsequent) post. You only have to read it once for you to decide you don't want the domain. End of interest. Period.

No one is asking you to click on it again so don't do it and you won't get wound up about it.

No one in their right mind will put the lowest price first (unless they want a really quick sale), even if they did you's still get muppets offering you a 1/5th of asking price.

i'm with theonemanyuri on this, being an active website buyer, i do like to keep up to date with the new listings but do see imho a lot of bumping of threads with minor changes in a new post

I'm talking about sites for sale not domains. They are asking me to click by constantly keeping the thread at the top when it would otherwise not be. There's no need to reduce the price by tiny amounts everyday, that to me says that the seller is a chancer and doesn't have any faith in what they're selling or the value they've put on it.

I also didn't say anything about putting a lowest price first, I specifically said I'm not trying to dictate the price people ask. 3 amendments gives you plenty of opportunity to try different price points, in quick succession if needs be.

I’d say bumping threads continuously is a good indicator the value is ziltch (also helps people know what not to registe:))

Adding 'PR3' to the title annoys me too, when the only links to the site are from the owner's network and will be removed on purchase.

x2 ! - it's like buying a house which is advertised with furniture and then them saying we are coming back a month later and removing all the furniture.

x3 - think its a poor show as newer members might not realise the links are going to be pulled - especially since that information never seems to be mentioned in the sales blurb :rolleyes:

perhaps its about time to consider a standard sales type questionnaire template to be completed requiring such details to be disclosed???

I try and moderate out when people fill the sales thread with traffic guff but it's a bit arduous.

Maybe I should create sales pages like this just not sure how to integrate that with a sales thread.

Good to see some responses, glad I'm not the only person thinking this way!

Admin - I quite like the page you posted, but I don't necesserily think you have to go that far. I can also understand you've not got time to moderate every instance of this type of thing, I wasn't having a dig in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom