Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Single digit .co.uk's under attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
sent you a pm Angie as know you have number eight
I was in bidding for that, in the very early stages :cool:
thought important you saw article
hopefully you haven't had any hassle from them

Awful.

The claim is ridiculous and my answer would be:

:p

Awful.

The claim is ridiculous and my answer would be:

:p

Yep, weak/dodgy claim and great response. 9 LTD were in for around 50 of the short .co.uk domains and were clearly speculating themselves.

Nice quote from their website:

The Burgesses, have a reputation for honesty and integrity......

Grant

sent you a pm Angie as know you have number eight
I was in bidding for that, in the very early stages :cool:
thought important you saw article
hopefully you haven't had any hassle from them

good luck to them going after angie :)

I know, just thought would give heads up

I'm sure Angie could countersue them and leave them in a cardboard box :D

What a load of old nonsense :)

There's a sharp member here who BOUGHT an aged TM or two and was successful at this, but to try and register new TMs and companies just for this purpose was destined for failure at the get-go.

Good to see that the DRS procedure continues to work fairly. Kudos to Nominet.

agreed Dale
tell me the 'complainant' is not a member here
what an abuse of the nominet system, and a waste of peoples time
let alone trying to effectively halfinch peoples assets which they have paid top dollar for in an open auction!

@pred

I'm sure he is a member here Guy. He's a client of ours, but that doesn't stop me airing my views on this.

agreed, the way to do it is the way the sharp member did (scott)
forward thinking and honest, and got the spoils

isn't 9 LTD just doing what nearly everyone else on here does? trying to get a good domain name...

There used to be ethics in this game...

People always thought I was joking when I told them years ago that people would be trawling the forums for news of deaths of domainers to summary DRS them... not many steps away now.

There just doesn't seem to be any taboo's left.

People always thought I was joking when I told them years ago that people would be trawling the forums for news of deaths of domainers to summary DRS them... not many steps away now.

OMG that would be just the lowest of the low. I hope you're wrong but I fear you wouldn't be :(

isn't 9 LTD just doing what nearly everyone else on here does? trying to get a good domain name...

if you need to ask that check your moral compass dude

i would compare the two as most people going to hatton garden with their gf looking for a gem, wanting a great deal and to knock down in price like everyone, cash in pocket

others , people who go up hatton garden with a brick and a skimask

I have an entrepreneur acquaintance who used his friend's suicide as a network opportunity. He started off by creating a Facebook 'tribute' group and inviting all his friends' contacts, but the 'About' section was all about himself, achievements, what he does etc. and requests for people to contact him/add him. All of one sentence was devoted to his friend.

So anything's possible I guess.

Good grief Blossom, words do fail me sometimes... :(

I have an entrepreneur acquaintance who used his friend's suicide as a network opportunity. He started off by creating a Facebook 'tribute' group and inviting all his friends' contacts, but the 'About' section was all about himself, achievements, what he does etc. and requests for people to contact him/add him. All of one sentence was devoted to his friend.

So anything's possible I guess.

Just had a very similar experience here. After the suicide of a local web designer, another "designer" (ie a butcher of free templates) emailed all the deceased's customers bringing them the terrible news, and offering to take over their site for a fee. Unbelievable.

Poor form by the complainant bringing the dispute. Good representation for the Respondent (the best). But one wonders why they didn't apply during the rights sunrise period? Did Nominet decline registered dated TM's that proceeded their announcement date?

TM Registration date: 19 November 2010.

Registered Rights Sunrise 1 December 2010 to 17 January 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom