Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal sights.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I own the domain sights.co.uk and was wondering what sort of valuation
Thanks in advance

In the current wholesale market, £100 (obviously!)

If you can find an end-user for it, probably more to much more. But that will take legwork.

I guess the Estibot valuation of 13,000 USD is a bit OTT

You'd get better valuations from throwing darts at a sheet of paper with random numbers on than you will with Estibot.

It is worse than useless, in that - far from providing an accurate valuation - it actually gives a FALSE sense of value. It should not be relied on for decision-making, or indeed anything else!

(In this case, Sights.co.uk actually is a pretty ok domain - but my comments about Estibot remain valid)

I can't see any value in it to be honest because I genuinely don't know what someone would use it for. I wouldn't pay reg fee.

Just because it's a one word dictionary domain doesn't automatically give it any value.

Could be a nice name for a site. I think it selling for 100 is cheap.

It isn't a random dictionary domain. Tourism is fairly big business even domestic.

Reseller value appears to have been set at £100 by open auction, end user value or even developed site value could be very different. Tourism isn't my niche so couldn't give you an idea.

However I would be looking at developing the site with sight seeing holidays, wonders of the world, stat liberty, niagara falls, etc. As a developed site with lots of content, booking engines, you'll easily make a nice profit.

Good advice but, given the extension, it might be an easier and more manageable task to develop a site showcasing the sights of the UK, rather than trying to take on the whole world. It's still a massive undertaking (!) so perhaps break it down to a "top 10 sights" of each county...

I was disappointed with £100 as a final figure, so do believe there is plenty of profit in it if approached correctly (I merely flipped it). Just hope you didn't base your decision to bid on an Estibot valuation.

I think this is a case where .uk has the edge

we have views and the same applies - but it is still best to have both

I thought about domestic sights but I can't help but think there isn't great money in that. I figure the money is in the domestic market but those who want to travel the world.

The top 10 sights would work well, can put 40 in the UK, (England, Scotland, Wales, N.I) which is a good start.

Def potential.

Good advice but, given the extension, it might be an easier and more manageable task to develop a site showcasing the sights of the UK, rather than trying to take on the whole world. It's still a massive undertaking (!) so perhaps break it down to a "top 10 sights" of each county...

Nice name. If I was looking to develop this domain I'd be keen to also secure sites.co.uk, for the radio test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom