Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

For Sale Set of LLLL wine names: Sekt.co.uk, Brut.org.uk, Vino.org.uk high monthly seach data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
4 million results for Sekt on Google (a popular German sparkling wine)

50 million results for vino

15 million for brut

17,000 results in Google shopping for Brut wine/champagne

24,000 results in Google shopping for Vino

414 results in Google shopping for Sekt

2.2 million monthly searches on Google for Vino (broad), 165,000 exact

673,000 monthly searches on Google for Brut (broad), 27,000 exact

246,000 monthly searches for sekt (broad), 27,000 exact

Only £149 for the set of three

£70 individually

post exacts and not broad. broad is pretty pointless

post exacts and not broad. broad is pretty pointless
Please re-read the (unedited) post. I did post exacts.

Anyway, if someone is going to develop, the "broad" numbers are in fact relevant because they point to how much traffic they could pull in through the use of keywords related to the generic name of their domain. When the broad number is quite high it generally means that there is more potential to generate strong traffic through SE optimization using a variety of closely related keywords.

Last edited:
Actually you quoted Global figures on UK domain names, so the figures were a bit irrelevant for UK SEO in that respect.

The actual UK monthly exact matches for these keywords are:

Vino 3,600
Brut 3,600
Sekt 260

Regards.

Please re-read the (unedited) post. I did post exacts.

Anyway, if someone is going to develop, the "broad" numbers are in fact relevant because they point to how much traffic they could pull in through the use of keywords related to the generic name of their domain. When the broad number is quite high it generally means that there is more potential to generate traffic through SE optimization using keywords.

Last edited:
Thanks Ty for posting those numbers - they are certainly relevant for knowing what the "natural" type-in traffic or overall potential for a business serving the UK market will be. Again, if development is the goal there may be some utility to the worldwide numbers because SEs like pure one-word generics regardless of extension to some degree. Many of the generic .co.uks I have at Sedo get significant traffic outside the UK.

Thanks domainseller!

Last edited:
Just to be clear - I love wine domains myself - and think that wine does make an ideal online business opportunity.

I bought Chianti.com in 2002 for $59 on Snapnames and sold it last year for mid $xx,xxx through Sedo, so these names do have a lot of value if you sell them to the right person.

As a comparison, [chianti] gets 2,900 exact matches in the UK (less than 2 of these terms), 40,500 Global.

Any term with over 1,000 exacts in a commercial generic is worth having IMO, which I think the above stats and figures makes clear. It should also be noted that single words often have a lower match than compound phrases, so match isn't the be all and end all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom