Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal secondcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

We've been looking for a something part brandable for a recycling / reuse idea we have.

Have just hand registered secondcycle.co.uk and would welcome appraisals for use and name rather than value.

Thanks

It's a good brandable and serves it purpose well but I don't see the value in it to an end user, if you could find an end user then maybe £500.

I like it because I guess a brand new product would be in its first cycle.

Dev it into something and monetise it.

My first thought was second cycle like a second bike, well most people have a second car :D

Sounds like something the washing machine does to me. - i know you guys living with Mum or other half wouldn't know about these things

My first thought was second cycle like a second bike, well most people have a second car :D
My thoughts as well... so it blurs the message. There is research and insight behind this reg but... second cycle sounds like a technical process and that spoils the branding. The name is okay but end user potential uncertain imo.

Appreciate the feedback so far guys - thank you!

Might be one we use now as a working title but see what's around as we go.

My thoughts as well... so it blurs the message. There is research and insight behind this reg but... second cycle sounds like a technical process and that spoils the branding. The name is okay but end user potential uncertain imo.

Tend to agree - it could work but would need a lot of branding - hence it would become an expensive project

This probably changes the emphasis of the post now - and possibly where it should live in the forum - but any domain suggestions (FTR ideally) or offers from portfolios now welcome!

Doesn’t jump out also likely confusion... To successfully create a brand cost mega bucks that name is not up to it… Quick look about will show you two words are rarely used create a “brand“

Primarily brands are single words Marlboro, Three Teso, Panasonic. Apple, Sony, Nokia Mercedes, Ford. Etc occasional letters , ,AA. RAC IBM BMW etc , not commonly used words stuck together e.g. “second” “cycle”

or was it my lousy english missing out the "To" :)

Last edited:
Doesn’t jump out also likely confusion... To successfully create a brand cost mega bucks that name is not up to it… Quick look about will show you two words are rarely used create a “brand“

Blimey :eek: - I can't think of an end-user (domain sold from my portfolio) that wasn't two words

Whilst I agree with, and appreciate, many of the opinions given, I'm struggling with the 2 word bit - acorndomains.co.uk which are also 2 words you wouldn't usually put together.

Whilst I agree with, and appreciate, many of the opinions given, I'm struggling with the 2 word bit - acorndomains.co.uk which are also 2 words you wouldn't usually put together.
There are expectations more commonly banking, finance, telecom,( but for different reasons) and older est. companies etc
Doesn’t mean you can’t make £££ or sell products, services etc from 2, 3 etc word but “ brand” that’s a different thing… check out the top 100. 1000 etc how many are?

Is this about buying a new bicycle? Or buying a second one? I have four! Does that make me cool?

OP: Awful name

Acorndomains (as a domain) is purely unique, it's not trying to capture anything apart from familiarity with what it delivers. same could be said more so with 'domainlore' which is open to misspelling and all sorts of interpretations.

Good two word domains (or their word play) have a resonance with the area they want to connect to, This is far more so in dotcom but, does also have some ground in co.uk.

If 'good' two word matchings don't work/appeal -Then I must have been living on shirt-buttons for over five years now. :)

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't think the words work well together and think the chance of a buyer wanting the domain to be pretty slim.

Sorry, I don't think the words work well together and think the chance of a buyer wanting the domain to be pretty slim.

Thanks Marcoose - I think you came in at the tail end after the OP has been diluted:

Hi

We've been looking for a something part brandable for a recycling / reuse idea we have.

Have just hand registered secondcycle.co.uk and would welcome appraisals for use and name rather than value.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom