Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal search engine like no other!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hey guys,

check out my new search engine Cyberfinder.net

its nothing extraordinary, its just simply a web search engine and that's it!!

NO ADS or Sponsors, meaning i am not makin any money, its just a simple straight forward search engine!!

The way i look at is that the likes of google or yahoo or msn are getting too big for their own boots and they are controlling the world of internet with their riches, so its about time we put a stop to this global dominance.

i can assure you,the more its used the better it will get!! spread the word. digg it!! stumble it!! whatever!!

DIGG it - www_cyberfinder_net

fight the power!!

use Cyberfinder.net

Last edited:
Doing a search for 'acorn domains' does not show your engine in a good light, useless.

what!!

Doing a search for 'acorn domains' does not show your engine in a good light, useless.

what do you mean? i dont understand!!

this is one of the main ways of publicising the search engine, how else, i am not doing this for money or to beat the giant search engines, but to make them realise if can, no harm in trying.

people with money advertise, and people with loads of money advertise loads and they make even more money by always having their ads on front page of search engines which is not fair, so i have put up cyberfinder to show fair search results without having any ads or sponsord results.

hope that makes sense!!

Last edited:
The name of the forum you are on is called Acorn Domains it's been around for years, do a search for the name of this forum in your site/supposed engine and then see if you can find it.....hope that makes sense!!

its showing on the second page, like i said its a simple search engine, it probably does require better search engine script/software, just started but will definately be working on it. it'll take time but i'll get there slowly, thanks for your comments.

bear in mind, the results are not going to be as fair as google and co, but that will take time, effort, and of course support from people.

update

Just so you guys know, there are a lot of things that need improving on the site, will be working working on it as fast as i can as this is something i do in my spare time.

all you guys have to do is use the site, it is pretty effective, will be adding more features like, advaced search, feature to add url that are not recognised etc..

if you can, please digg the site, if there are enough diggs then it will hit the feature page of digg website hence a lot more people will know about it.

there is no one making any money from it.

it's in everyone's benefit except the likes of google, yahoo & co.

speard the word, cummon!!
:)

I like it!!!

And one of my sites is first up... TWICE... where did you get the script I want one!!!

And one of my sites is first up... TWICE... where did you get the script I want one!!!

if you like it, digg it, thats the best thing you can do at the moment, or advertise it in any other way.

trying to do a noble thing here so all the help will be appreciated!!:)

I like it but it doesn't offer me anything I can't already get from Google, Live or Yahoo.

The name also doesn't have that one word easy to remember feel about it.
What will make me use your search engine above others?

exactly what we need!!

I like it but it doesn't offer me anything I can't already get from Google, Live or Yahoo.

The name also doesn't have that one word easy to remember feel about it.
What will make me use your search engine above others?

that's exactly what we need, it gives you decent search results, gets the job done like any other search engine + you get the satisfaction of not making them billions of $$ and globasing the net!!

like i said it does require a lot of work and i am working onit, i can assure you it will get better.

cummon, hope thats good enough of a reason for you to use it!!:)

Just my two cents but i think it needs a new name/better brand if your aiming for world domination .. Good luck though

that's exactly what we need, it gives you decent search results, gets the job done like any other search engine + you get the satisfaction of not making them billions of $$ and globasing the net!!

like i said it does require a lot of work and i am working onit, i can assure you it will get better.

cummon, hope thats good enough of a reason for you to use it!!:)
I wish it was mate but I'm not sure your results are as good as googles. Will need to look more closely.

Also I'm a capitalist (is that right? :confused: ) I don't mind the fact that google make so much money because they release so much cool free stuff.
I do have an idea on what may make someone like me (and possibly others) want to use it, but I wouldn't just give away that kind of info ;)

I wish it was mate but I'm not sure your results are as good as googles. Will need to look more closely.

Also I'm a capitalist (is that right? :confused: ) I don't mind the fact that google make so much money because they release so much cool free stuff.
I do have an idea on what may make someone like me (and possibly others) want to use it, but I wouldn't just give away that kind of info ;)

feel free to share it, i am not looking at dominance but to make the big boys realise, be awake, that they cant get away with everything, may my idea might make someone else take up the idea who has a lot more money and really do the fight to the big boys, you know, shake them up a little!!

no harm in that!!:)

Whilst I agree with your point, you’ve lost the battle before you’ve began.
What makes this more likely to succeed? Tens of thousands of people have tried, Ask and the other “littler” search engines have poured millions into their search and have seen little in return.

Also smoking makes a good point about branding… Yahoo (is just yahoo, well established rememberable name single .com). MSN, (part of Mircosoft, everybody knows the term, again .com, Google, another brandable and rememberable.com.

Cyberfinder.net is a much less brandable, less rememberable, lower rated LTD, loads more of margin to type the incorrect domain, cyberfinder.com, cyberfind.net, cyberfind.com etc…

IMO, you need to take on the big players you need the following:
  • Money, lots of it
  • Excellent brandable .com
  • Excellent search algorithm
  • Basic but technically very good UI
  • Massive amounts of hardware and bandwidth.
  • Something unique
  • Patience
  • And to top it all off you need to monetise it for it to succeed long term

Hope you take this as constructive criticism and not pure negativity and Good luck

Then you'll become successful and someone like you will want to dethrone Cyberfinder.net – repeat process :p Joking of course

very good suggestion

hi,

thanks david.

you have made some very good points, the way i look at it is that you gotta start of somewhere, you dont start off big, the process is going to be slow but if you have the drive and enthusiasm then it can be done, i am very pacimistic about things like this but some reason something is making me feel very optimistic about this, in terms of brandname i think it's as good as any, may be later on might purchase a better name but look at stumbleupon, wikipedia, they are not easy to type, but they are huge.

ok the idea is not massive but it can definately do some damage to the big boys that's for sure, i just need to improve the search day by day if i can, i mean am not a genius but there's no harm in trying!!

:):)

What was the name of that website that sold those products?

- Just Cyberfinder it, oh and remember it's a .net
or
- Just Google it

Drive and enthusiasm are not enough.

- Just Cyberfinder it, oh and remember it's a .net
or
- Just Google it

Drive and enthusiasm are not enough.
The idea needs tweaking and I expect the search results do too (in comparison to google). However drive and determination are great but if you have a slight twist on an old system, viral marketing that makes people think and a loyal fan base then you may have a chance of at least getting on the Google radar of "ones to watch".

However the issue you would have is that if you came up with a new twist on an old product/service and google think you could damage them (unlikely) then all they'd need to do is offer a very similar service and your edge is lost.

They have the money behind them to knock anyone off the top spot.

However they started out the same way as you so maybe you'll get lucky, then again they did have a better product than Yahoo by providing more accurate results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom