Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sales in Thread only and/or by PM ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Sometimes 'User A' puts a BIN against a domain they have up for sale.

User B then states "sold" in thread in good faith. Later, User A states that they have already sold to User C who PM'd to buy the domain.

I think there should clarification by the seller in the BIN post - at the latest - that they will accept (i) thread sales only, (ii) PM sales only, or (iii) both.

Views?

Cheers, Luke

I don't think it really matters in this situation however, if you are holding an auction then it's only fair to confirm the rules.

Hi All,

Sometimes 'User A' puts a BIN against a domain they have up for sale.

User B then states "sold" in thread in good faith. Later, User A states that they have already sold to User C who PM'd to buy the domain.

I think there should clarification by the seller in the BIN post - at the latest - that they will accept (i) thread sales only, (ii) PM sales only, or (iii) both.

Views?

Cheers, Luke
I don't think it would be unreasonable in such a case for the seller to post the time stamp of the PM in which the sale was concluded. If there was any dispute, it could be checked by admin. Your suggestion also works; mine as a backup.

This has come up before and I agree that the Seller should make things clear when creating the Sale thread.

Admin

What happens if some one has a domain listed as an auction on AD, but have an exceptional offer outwith AD whilst the auction is running?

I think it's difficult to cover all the bases and it comes down to people operating in good faith!?

What happens if some one has a domain listed as an auction on AD, but have an exceptional offer outwith AD whilst the auction is running?

I think it's difficult to cover all the bases and it comes down to people operating in good faith!?

Basically yes. I'm sure it's the same on Sedo etc.

yes i got done by this very thing....it got very complexed and people kept changing from offering via the thread and also via PM and i still have a black mark against my trader rating as proof.....:cry:

If I see the words "post sold in thread or by PM" then I don't bother
with an offer however much I want the domain...

I think all offers should be made in topic, I can't see why someone would want to PM rather than post in the topic, it might be that they want to keep their purchase private, but if they bought at BIN, then it's obvious what they paid, and quick look at the domain Who-Is after transfer will show who the new owner is, so not exactly private anyway is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom