Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal RichDomainer.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I cannot decide whether to drop this or not. I've tried to sell, no success so far. I think it's quite a good name but I don't want to hang on to too many names for the sake of it.

I was thinking I could develop it into a site that gives advice on how to make money from domains, maybe asking for successful domainers to contribute. In summary, make a site that is like a handbook for things to get right when domaining (I haven't seen a site like that so far).

What do you guys think? Worth developing? Would you visit a site like that?

Does anyone want to buy the name instead?

Thanks

Personally mate, id bin it unless of course you have the time and passion to develop it into a site that might not earn you a penny

This would make a great name for a blog. I'm not that rich yet or else I would have taken it from you lol. :) No idea on value I suppose but if I really wanted this for my blog I'd happily pay high £xx for it.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have any thoughts? I think it's a good name, but is there much revenue potential in building a site?

Thanks

"Domainer" is gradually being perceived as a more and more negative term. It's a slow trend, but definitely there. So I wouldn't be confident about the long-term value of a site built on the name and for that reason I'd drop it and pick something that has less potentially negative connotations.

When has the term 'domainer' ever been seen as a positive. Always felt we're seen as lazy scumbags. Thing is i've never actually cared and nor will the people who see RichDomainer and know little about the topic except like so many they are scrambling for a way to increase their financial fortunes.

Thing the domain has no value unless you develop it, but then you could argue if it's worth developing then someone else might think it's worth developing so thus the domain itself has value.

I don't like the domain cos it reads to me like the sort of domains scammers use. Always got the words 'easy, rich' blah blah blah on them.

Question is can you really make budding domaineers richer?

Let it drop. If you want to develop such a site, I'd probably reg a different name.

Personally, I don't like the domain or term "richdomainer" I wouldn't have registered it if it were free to take

However, I don't get the reluctance of many to acknowledge the reference term (amongst many terms) of "Domainer" It's certainly not derogative to my mind, somebody that invests their time and money in domains - What's wrong with that ?

Rich domainer is an oxymoron :rolleyes:

Most are losing money, and those who are really making a lot of money in this industry are a very tiny elite. I see no upside in a name like that, in fact domainer domains cater to a small group of struggling people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom