Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Offers restaraunts.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Got these domains:

restaraunt.co.uk
restaraunt.org.uk
restaraunts.co.uk
restaraunts.org.uk

open to offers. I had a website on restaraunts.co.uk for a while, but I'm closing down to do kids media (check out my signature!!)

Thanks
Mike

Is that a typo in this thread, or is the actual typo in the domain and the list above is correct? Should be restaurants?

I think you're confusing it again by saying "wrong spelling". ;)

The question was whether they were spelled wrong in this thread or if they were actually type-o domains. I can confirm that the spelling in this thread is correct. That is how these domains are spelled. They are type-o domains.

restaraunts.co.uk alone is valued at $9,400 by Estibot, and I'm not asking that for even the entire group.

Attachments

• restaraunts2.jpg
    restaraunts2.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
An Estibot valuation is meaningless.

So everyone that uses Estibot as a resource in domaining is a fool?

Then again, I suppose you can post anything you like on a board without quantifying it. For example, I could just state "topcat's opinions are meaningless" and not give any reason what-so-ever for that statement either. It's a thread on a forum. Who cares? I can make sweeping statements like that too I suppose? Perhaps I'll start doing that. I'll go into every thread you post in and state "topcat's opinions are meaningless" after each post you make. That will really help everyone, won't it?

P.S. this forum needs an emoticon of someone sticking their tongue out immaturely ...

He's right though - an estibot estimation is completely worthless - often only trotted out to try and justify the asking price of a bad domain. imo a seller loses credibility by attempting to use Estibot in a sales pitch.

I would say that you are actually right - anyone using estibot as a resource really is a fool :)

Guys please don't flame in sales threads.

instaunt, please in future make it obvious when listing typo domains, it saves all the questions.

Admin

Admin: Got it. Will do.

Everyone else: How about a little help then? Google has just stopped the keyword tool which I used to use to state exact match searches etc.

What sort of things would help clarify a domain's value? What domaining tools/info would you like to see next to a domain sale post?

You’re not even attempting to sell at the estibote valuation says a lot as to your own belief in its accuracy? If you had four flats valued xxxxxx would you then sell them at xxxxx if so drop me a message whenever you’re selling flats lol

exact match searches is still viewable if you have an adwords account so signing up for that might help you.

[restaurants] 673,000
[restaraunts] 210

But these numbers won't help you on typo domains - its nearly impossible to see the results for the wrong one. First you've got auto complete guiding people towards the right spelling as soon as they type 'rest...'

And even if they continue to type it wrongly and press enter, you then get:

Showing results for restaurants
Search instead for restaraunts

Got these domains:

restaraunt.co.uk
restaraunt.org.uk
restaraunts.co.uk
restaraunts.org.uk

open to offers. I had a website on restaraunts.co.uk for a while, but I'm closing down to do kids media (check out my signature!!)

Thanks
Mike

I can never spell the word off the top of my head, I always need to check the spelling and if you look at google it has a return of 11,200,00 for this typo.
I think it's one of the better typo's and therefore it's better than a lot of non typo's.
I think you have got a bad reaction because you didn't mention in your thread that it is not the true dictionary spelling. I would eat a little humble pie and start again.

What sort of things would help clarify a domain's value? What domaining tools/info would you like to see next to a domain sale post?

In general, a good domain name doesn't need "tools/info" to sell it - its value is self-evident. Of course, the old Google Keyword Tool exacts was a handy little stat to highlight, but beyond that there's usually not much you can offer in the way of information to show value.

The more you find yourself having to explain a domain name or justify it, the less it's worth.

For typos, the value (if any) will be in the automatic traffic they bring, combined with the ease with which you can monetise that traffic.

For a .com, that could be a lot. I imagine traffic to laon.com must be quite high, and valuable because it's all people looking for loans.

For a .co.uk, it's likely to be a very small amount, since even the correctly spelled domain only gets a small amount of traffic.

For example, if 1,000 people a month type in "restaurants.co.uk" to see what's there, you might (using Monkey's figures) expect about 3-4 people a year to type in restaraunts.co.uk

So in terms of clarifying domain value
A) Start with correct spellings, not typos
B) Look at keyword stats
C) Consider if the term is commercial or not (a random dictionary word isn't usually commercial; a product or service is)
D) Is the market purely local, or is it regional/national? National markets are likely to be more attractive
E) How is the product/service advertised? Do you have the top term?
F) How likely is the product/service to be advertised online?
G) What is the average sticker price? (you're unlikely to excite anyone with a domain name that describes a product that costs 40p per unit, for example)

Once you start thinking about what you're registering in terms like the above, you can at least start to get a feel for what might sell and what definitely won't.

Above all, give up on all automated valuation sites. They're not worth the few seconds you spend clicking!

Last edited:
So everyone that uses Estibot as a resource in domaining is a fool? ..

Contact Estibot, explain your domain is worth $9k but they can have it half the value at $4.5k and make themselves $5k relatively easily - let's see if they buy it

The truth of the matter is, and unfortunately, the worth of a domain can not really be calculated with an automated tool.

Estibot value this at $9k but why - there is no logical or statistical basis. It does use an algorithm but usually based on number of letters and the place of vowels and consonants - rather than someone appraising on the merit and understanding of the domain as a word, as a typo or based on past sales.

If on the other hand you had a lot of type in traffic, it would have value.

Only the newbies trust automated appraisals, and there are a lot unfortunately.
Seriously, do you think domaining is soeasy and that domains worth 4 figures are quietly waiting to be registered by you.

Only the newbies trust automated appraisals, and there are a lot unfortunately.
Seriously, do you think domaining is soeasy and that domains worth 4 figures are quietly waiting to be registered by you.

Cc97 above is right on the money - offer estibot some domains at 80% discount and see what they say. If they won't buy then that tells you everything you need to know

A good way to see the value of this domain is on the type-in traffic alone as no-one would build a brand on this type of typo. Look at the logs/stats to see what the traffic level is like - I bet it's very low. There are other issues with the domain, restaurants are local so any traffic is going to be spread through many geographies, good luck in selling a domain that gets one or two type-ins a month for each county in the UK. Sorry, no value without lots of traffic already heading to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

☆ Premium Listings

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom