Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal printerink.org.uk - Appraisal please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just registered this domain.

Got a development project in mind, any thoughts on potential value of the domain?

Printer Ink has a very high OV score 70000 +

Printer-ink.org.uk is registered and listed for sale on SEDO. Domain is taken on all other extensions!

Not worth anything then?

Development it is.....

Well two weeks after i first posted this, i've stuck up a simple affiliate script, done some minor SEO tweaks and some minimal link building and the sites shot straight into 20th position on Google for Printer Ink.

Minimal traffic so far, but an encouraging start nevertheless.

Any value yet guys?

printer ink Active £1.86 1 - 3
printer ink cartridges Active £2.23 1 - 3
cheap printer ink Active £1.75 1 - 3
canon printer ink Active £2.37 1 - 3
printer cartridge ink Active £2.21 1 - 3
printer ink supplies Active £3.39 1 - 3
compatible printer ink Active £2.43 1 - 3
printer ink refills Active £2.60 1 - 3
buy printer ink Active £2.62 1 - 3
laser printer ink Active £2.73 1 - 3
cheapest printer ink Active £1.87 1 - 3
brother printer ink Active £3.47 1 - 3
discount printer ink Active £2.25 1 - 3
bulk printer ink Active £2.12 1 - 3
printer ink cartriges Active £2.82 1 - 3
epsom printer ink Active £3.43 1 - 3
printer ink suppliers Active £2.20 1 - 3
black printer ink Active £2.37 1 - 3
cannon printer ink Active £2.77 1 - 3
printer ink catridges Active £2.15 1 - 3
printer colour ink Active £0.04 1 - 3
printer inks Active £1.80 1 - 3
photo printer ink Active £3.20 1 - 3
printer inkjet Active £1.70 1 - 3
printers ink Active £1.50 1 - 3

from google the term has high search volume and high advertiser competition.

So top 3 advertisers would be paying £1.86 for each click through on that term to their site.

Once it gets some traffic I imagine you could value it as a multiple of traffic per annum

click throughs on google are probably about 2 percent so if you are getting 1000 uniques per month, then at 2% = £1.86 x .02 x 1000 x 12 = £446 per annum.

So at that level of traffic it would be worth about £446 per annum to an existing advertiser.

web traffic is probably less valuable than search engine query traffic but on the other hand you could probably argue for a multiple of more than one year.

So I reckon it would be worth approx £800 or £900 to an existing ppc advertiser with that traffic.

At the moment the value is in the work you've put into it plus about £50 - £150 for the domain depending on who's asking. plus the script cost.

It does seem that you're on a run and everything you do with SEO seems to turn to gold - Search Marketing, Engines and Link Exchanges - SMELE Fingers !

okok a bit of a stretch!

yesterday

Thanks for that.

Of course you could argue that with 1000 UV's a month selling it to one of the PPC advertisers could yield a significantly higher return. ;)

Its a very tough market in terms of SEO, so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out. The script can't have been up for more than a week yet, when moe pages start getting indexed i should have a better idea of its potential.

yep, seems a bit stingey at £800 really, the calculation is sound, but the figures you choose can be made to be a bit more positive - e.g. an assumption of 4% in google (which is probably a bit more likely given that you are at the top of the list) doubles its calculated value.

And suggesting a few years multiple probably wouldn't be too pushy either.

Also it doesn't take into account the upside of ownership, i.e. they could build from a strong base.

etc.

yesterday

If it starts to bring in £400 per annum would you really want to sell it?

Another 10 sites like that and you have a very nice free holiday every year for you and your family.

By the way, it is No1 on google uk for: printerink

Your probably right for £400 a year, i'd probably just leave it as it was, ticking over.

Did'nt realise it was no1 without the space, its been getting a little traffic for that term, typos.

It still amazes me how much emphasis Google places on keywords in a URL.......off to build some links......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom