Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Official Statement from Brandable.uk

Reaction score
We wanted to take a moment to address some of the recent developments and clear up any confusion.

I am sure most of you are aware of the data leak on brandable.uk which was reported on UKDNF. The site was taken down within 30 minutes, issue was fixed an hour later, we sought advice from a senior legal representative from London city firm the very same evening and devised an action plan. All affected users were notified within 6 hours of us becoming aware of the issue and detailed report was filed with ICO before the 72 hour deadline. We also commissioned a full audit by an independent CREST accredited security company.

There’s been some speculation about the recent shutdown of the UKDNF forum, with rumours suggesting that Brandable.uk might have been involved. The report to the ICO included details regarding how the leak was discovered. Therefore we wanted to make Aaron aware that it may make sense to edit any posts that include personal details that were accidentally exposed.

We want to clarify that the shutdown has nothing to do with the data leak, and we did not threaten any legal action to shut down the forum. I had in fact made a number of posts in the thread providing updates on the situation.

There may have been concerns raised about other threads on the forum but the discussion ended with: we will resolve things amicably and move on with our respective lives next week.

We understand that this situation is unsettling, but please rest assured that we are committed to improving and safeguarding our platform as well as promoting the UK domain industry.

I am genuinely committed to an open, honest and transparent discussion about these issues.

I would ask that posts in this thread not get moderated.

Please note that I live in a completely different time zone, so replies may be delayed - please be patient.

For clarity: I just want to state that while the usernames are similar, this account has absolutely nothing to do with me.

The account has been removed.

Have a good day.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom