Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Nice Job Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just thought I'd ask your thoughts on the potential resale value of

JobsOnline.co.uk

Now the markets picking up a little

I think a good sale would be anything over £6k.

It's a good name, but I think brandability-wise there are stronger possibilities, e.g. JobsDirect.co.uk which sold for £9.5k is more brandable.

Rgds

I really like this, I agree with Accelerator.

Good luck. :)

I see jobs.ca sold for quite a bit this week so hopefully you can get a nice sale on this.
I own a few job domains myself so it will be interesting to see more opinions

Thanks guys I do like the sound of JobsDirect.co.uk I see its with an end user now so no longer available.
Anyone else want to weigh in.

Sorry, I don't see the same sort of value. It's not particularly brandable, but it's also a slightly confusing descriptive domain because you don't know whether it means "jobs that you can find online" or "jobs where you work online". Besides, in 2013 most job searches begin online don't they - and if they don't now, they soon will. And once it's the default, it's a "dead word". Just like nobody talks about a "digital camera" any more because by default cameras are digital http://www.google.co.uk/trends/explore#q=digital camera

I'd say mid-£xxx is probably more realistic. But if you can get more for it, good for you!

Cheers guys appreciate the input

You've already developed the domain, so why are you thinking about resale values? Is the site not performing in the way you'd hoped, and if so, why do you think that is?

Rgds

Hi Accelerator

The site at the moment is basically just a front end to an API non of the jobs earn any money for my site I basically just want to have something relevant there rather than a parked page while I develop my own system.

What I need to think about in the new year is it feasible to launch a national job board from scratch. (unlikely for me at the moment)

What I can do is look at what jobs in Kent has done. Start with a regional board on one of my geo job domains. If all goes well maybe role out into a few more regions then further down the line maybe look at a national site.

Whilst I'm doing this do I hold onto jobsonline.co.uk for the future. Or is it better to cash it in so I have the funds to solely devote 3-6 months with no distractions to finishing my system and launching locally that's what I need to work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom