Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal NearField.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What do you all think of this one? Brandable and generic enough for anything near field related.

For those who don't know the term Near Field.

I actually only just realised yesterday there is a trademark on this one but I sure hope it's still generic enough not to worry about that.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

My take on “Brands” is many evolve from existing (often founders name, street, location occupation, product service abbreviation etc) For new often a ambiguity about them (mostly short, catchy, pronounceable, multilingual lesser extent descriptive etc)

Do you think the trademark holder would buy it ? Would anyone else start a new company named given the trademarks etc ( for me doubtful)

Near field could be others e,g, sound, speakers headphones etc or sport related behind the scenes etc but Don’t see really see i it

I've tried a few of these high tech names, but I've found them hard to find a buyer for.

You'll just have to hope the trademark owner makes an offer.

Rgds

The TM's aren't a concern - However, the edge for nearfield stuff is long gone.

The term has no real association. (outside of what is expected)
And therefore a Simple mistake of seeing the practical association as potential 'word rich' usage.

It never will be domain rich, unless it requires user decision/input/choice - which isn't there. Choice being The operative word for domains

Last edited:
Thank you all for your input. Bailey from what I've researched Near Field technology (payments, communication etc.) is very much still alive and well with some of the big boys like Google and Samsung supporting it though so not sure why you say it's long gone?

fair retort there DaveP. It was - I noticed a 2.08am reply, and I do tend to go a bit 'Left-field' after a Friday night out.

I have sold quite a few domains to different technology companies (all .coms) One is right up that street. Had no capitalisation when they launched a just a couple of years ago - now at 32 Million (managed to spend it all on R&D mind you) - and now they want the plural, and so they should.

Anyway I was thinking more about 'Consumer stuff' the Blue tooth and wireless etc when I made the negative comments purely because it has/had the product market saturated. However, "near-field" as a corporate technology is lately owned by just a couple of Companies. MasterCard, Visa. and TM's and patents controlled by my domain buyer (Just take "Smart" and add "Metric")

Your not going to have a cat-in-hells chance of being part of the near-field corporate products -- though don't get me wrong - A good explanation site with diagrams and technical drawings should have a ready made audience looking to understand the security and protection aspects. Plenty of talk of on Business sites about the prospect of scams of "improvised readers" etc just flushing past your 'Ball-joint' (That's waist pockets for guys or handbags for you Girls) for a micro payment reward...:p

And of-course. Who is going to go to the trouble of Querying a one-off £5-£7.50 charge, with all the hassle that entails

PS I've actually been following the current American court challenges (domain buyer in court last Thursday - as Judiciary have allowed new evidence to be introduced on appeal) all good stuff. Quite a Few legal bloggers referring to them as "Patent sewers" (Sewers being the operative word for some) But they spent $32 M in R&D for an advanced system (supposedly, according to tech-reports well in advance of Visa and Mastercards) - guess MasterCard and Visa just didn't want to cough up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom