Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Mystery revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Finally the site is up...

It's in my sig for the day for the 'sages' to feedback on...

Please don't post the name in the thread as I want to monitor closely the traffic build etc...

Input apreciated...

Well that is a bit of a niche is'nt it!

A couple of thoughts.........

Either put a proper email address on the site or use a contact us page, too many people won't know to remove spaces and add an @ symbol etc.

Perhaps a couple of shots of one of the vests being modelled would be good. I'd also try and improve the quality of the current photo, try and get a completely white background. (You need some very bright lights all around the object. I use a very old 1000w light from an ancient 70's camcorder - cheap an cheerful but does the job when needed!)

Also perhaps i'm worrying about nothing.....i don't know who would buy on of these and the only reason i would think i would buy one is if i was thinking of doing something a bit dodgy, if i was planning this i certainly would'nt pay using my own card - To cut a long story short watch out for Paypal chargebacks.

Hope it helps.

I think it is punchy and in your face which is right for the product.
typo "tomorrow may be too late"
make the purchase easier (I couldn't find where to click)
I can't read the blue type.

I need one to walk down to the shops in Wandsworth, everyone should have one.

-aqls-

I agree with AQLS, I couldnt work out where to pay for the item.

Typo - Buy purchasing this product you release and indemnify us from all liabilities

For payment options try nochex which i think promise no chargebacks.....

Hopefully this will take of for you.....

May do very well with the recent high profile stabbings on the news.

I like the picture in the top right hand corner....(hopefully not a picture of you meeting a previous non paying customer :D )

Good Luck

Thanks guy's...

Points taken onboard... Typos corrected...

Added submission page...

Now plenty of room for other ads and further development...

Anyone of you with a relevant site feel free send a recip link...

The feedback has been excellent... When your loking at it yourself, it's easy to miss obvious stuff and to start to see stuff that isn't there... Sure you know what I mean...

Only the photo left to sort as, I agree, it doesn't do the actual product full justice...

Again, many, many thanks... Be really helpful!!!

Pretty good DN, IMO i think LIFE IS CHEAP would be better, a bit more direct and powerful.

denchomsky said:
IMO i think LIFE IS CHEAP would be better

D

Thanks for the input...

It would be nice to get a few more opinions on that one as I was mulling between the two...

Speech wise - 'life's cheap' is spot on - print wise 'life is cheap' may well be better... Only settled for 'life's cheap' because of the figure of speech...

What do other's think? Feedback appreciated.

Sorry for the second post...

Just heard the news about a 14yr old who just got stabbed today in B'ham...

The news said 300,000 incidents involving sharp instrument attacks...

30% of pupils in schools carry knives...

Anyone know how I can ad live news feeds of this stuff to the site a bit like the domain news on here... Now going to add a PHPBB forum too...

AQ

Thanks for that link...

Shame their is nothing more specific and just related to the sites theme / content...

Use SMF forums, much better than PHPBB -http://www.simplemachines.org/

There is a way to filter rss feeds see cpfc.org - They filter it so only Crystal Palace feeds show up.

You can get an RSS feed of pretty much anything. Both Google and Yahoo do them, however, yahoo is better in my opinon.

Using an RSS Feed program, you can whack this onto your site, and you're onto some regular updating content

Jee

Jeewhizz said:
you can whack this onto your site
Jee

JEE

Cut n Pasted it into the html (using Front Pge) and tested it on my system. Got script errors... Do I need to ignore and just post to the server or am I missing something?

Thanks.

You need to use an RSS parser. The only one i've had success using is: www.rssfeedreader.com but it displays a couple of links at the bottom of the text. - See this page for an example:

www.buyingfirsttime.co.uk/view_news.php

You put the feed or feeds you want into the program and it generates the code in PHP (Don't use the javascript option as it can't be read by the SE's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom