Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Mens/Womens Gift Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All, appreciate if you could look over a few domains I have bought to 'play' with:

malegifts.co.uk
mensgiftideas.co.uk

femalegifts.co.uk
womensgiftideas.co.uk
femalegiftdeas.co.uk

The .com variants have all been registered and are undeveloped/parked.

Id like to know what you fellas believe they could be worth?

Also what do you think are my best options to gain maximum returns? I was think of maybe just creating a simple site with a list of affiliates?

Please share experiences if you have done something similar.

Thanks in advance :-D
Sig.

Hi All, appreciate if you could look over a few domains I have bought to 'play' with:

malegifts.co.uk
mensgiftideas.co.uk

femalegifts.co.uk
womensgiftideas.co.uk
femalegiftdeas.co.uk

The .com variants have all been registered and are undeveloped/parked.

Id like to know what you fellas believe they could be worth?

Also what do you think are my best options to gain maximum returns? I was think of maybe just creating a simple site with a list of affiliates?

Please share experiences if you have done something similar.

Thanks in advance :-D
Sig.

Mens gifts would have been better, not many people would go for male gifts compared to mens gifts.

There nothing special but have earning potential for making money but you shouldnt think about purchasing a ferrari just yet on the back of those.

I have a couple of gift domain names to which I havent done anything with and have had them for ages but if the idea is there then you go for it really, the gift market is always a reasonably biggie so if you can get a reasonably good one then it might make it.

I think possibly your better ones would be the female ones as more people say female rather than woman if you see what I mean. Men gifts or gifts for men rather than male gifts, and female gifts rather than women gifts.

Thanks Mark

Thanks Mark,

Yeah...your right those would have been a lot better, but as expected they have already gone, but like you I thought the gift sector was big so there was room for using words which most people would use, but just enough would...maybe...

Im not expecting to setup a gifts eshop so I didn't think the domains had to be spot on!

What would you do with your domains if you were to develop them?

If enough people with these 'fringe' domains get together it maybe worthwhile creating one blueprint which we can contribute to and share?? ;)

Thanks
Sig.

Being honest when I sort out all the rest then I'm just going to put up a basic google pc mini site and just self park it.

They are sort of self parked at the moment but all linking to my other sites to which I'm trying to change.

Personally my view is that the more you work the more you earn and the more you earn the less you work.

This is my fourth year come Sept and every year I see an increase in sales etc etc, depending upon what time of year it is and which domain.

If you targeted the domains for certain periods of the year e.g fathers day, motheres day then that might work.

Peopel do obviously buy gifts all the year around but personally I think that the smaller and more meaniful the gift the better, it doesnt need to cost thousands of pounds but you could target the days out gift market such as www.expirences.co.uk a very bad typo for me but it works.

My ex used to think that spending money on gifts was more special than spending money on something small and personal, for xmas she gave me expensive but shit presents, but for my birthday she gave me a gift box with two cheap and tatty looking :) broken hearts nah they were nice, and that meant more to me than the expensive stuff.

Just depends on what you want to target being honest, but some gifts are only small value so smaller commissions meaning need to make more sales.

Effort?

Mark,

Thanks again...

How much effort did you have to put in to create a site like that?

what type of relationship do you have with daystoamaze.co.uk? Do all your products come from the one website?

Sig.

About two minutes apart from editing the feed the rest was easy.

I had the domain for about a year maybe a little bit more but thats only a basic site I just buy and do self parking and take sales off for the moment.

You need to realise though that if your coming into the play park, theres more established websites than yours and more expirenced marketeers and domainers.

So actually making money takes its time, normally you can get a website into google or others within a week, to make money possibly three months, to make serious money possibly years.

If you can make money via just search engine hits and serious money thats excellent, but a lot rely on making money via google ppc.

I used to but if I was earning £500 for example from one website via self marketing I would end up spending £450 with google because that is supposed to be the best method.

In the end I stopped using google and all mine are search engine hits.

Right time for a pee and a beer out in the garden, grey but hasnt rained today so a bit of R&R before my proper R&R Emmerdale and Corrie :)

Idea?

Hi Mark,

I was thinking about setting up a site with lots of links to products on other sites e.g. Sky subscription, Ray Ban glasses, red letter days etc, etc...

There would be content with maybe 3 or 4 suggestions at the end of the page.

Trouble is where do I get banner ads from that I can add to my pages which would earn me money if somebody then clicked on them?

My understanding of Affiliate programmes is that they generally like to take over the whole site and dynamically generate their own content for the site, for which I would have no control over.

Do you think the idea is feasible?

Thanks in advance
Sig.

You can control the banner ads they very rarely get updated so if you use an affiliate banner from say Test Network then that one banner shows.

They do add more banners to their folder but very rarely change the original banner.

You can rotate the banners using a php script so you do have a lot of flexibilty about what you show.

Complex?

i was thinking about something even simpler...

From my limited research there are around 12 affiliate 'networks?' Now these guys will supply you with a banner that could advertise one or more products.

I wanted something where i could effectively drag and drop a banner for a product, and have 3 or 4 banners advertising different products. I would then register with 5 networks maybe and just pick the products I liked and earn from them?

For example i could have a page titled thrill seekers with a blurb and then separate banners for bungee jumping, ab sailing, rallying and go-karting. The banners would come from any source that offers the highest revenue

Do you know if this is possible?

Sig.:???:

You cant drag and drop on TD you can have a banner pool where you can select which banners you want in a pool.

If you use something like a php banner rotator then you need to download the banners and then host yourself.

Banner adverts are just a small part of things, they look nice and do make sales but not a main part of making money.

They look nice on traffic websites but useless in some respects on non traffic website as they dont help for seo

I use PHPADSNEW to manage / rotate the banners. Works pretty well but puts a load on the server resources on a high traffic site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom