Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal MegaMobiles.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all, I've owned the domain MegaMobiles.co.uk for a number of years now. I have used it mainly for affiliate marketing but would now like to see if it has any value with the view of possibly selling.

Any advice you can give would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Martin

The strength of the name is in its branding potential. The difficulty of selling is in finding someone about to launch a mobile phone brand. I guess you have to ask yourself where might you find mobile phone entrepreneurs to pitch it to.

Rgds

Hi Accelerator,

Thanks for replying.

Yeah your right, and there is a brand of mobile phone shops called MegaMobiles, one of these is in my town too... But it appears to be a kind of franchise - I searched Google Images and found a few shops, and many of the shop fronts have the same logo, but it appears different owners. This is what makes me think its a franchise type operation.

I've been a bit reluctant to contact any of them as I've heard in the past that potentially offering a domain to a Ltd company of the same name can lead to them having the ability to take it off me via nominet - whether this is true or not I don't know yet.

I think the name has a lot of potential, and I think this is confirmed by the number of businesses using this name, but as you say, its finding the right people who can make use of it properly.

Would you recommend maybe emailing them about the domain being put up for auction?

Martin

Firstly, I would check at ipo.gov.uk, online trademark services, to see if the term has been trademarked by anyone.

Rgds

That's a good idea thank you.

I have given their database a search, and its returning no hits, so it seems to be ok.

Certainly a brandable name. It's always hard to put a figure on those really, but it does have a certain ring to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom