Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal LensHire / co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I hope you can help - does anyone have any thoughts on what the above domain may be worth to either a domainer or an end-user?

Plenty of end-user lens hire companies out there and the lenses that they hire out aren't cheap at all...

Any thoughts?

Thank you! :)

Rich

Lens hire pretty niche wouldn’t have thought it would take long to contact them all ? price according to there turnover, number of responses etc If you get none move on to something else although current financial climate and technological improvements are pointing towards dwindling market

Looking at a lot of the sites though investment in the web doesn’t seam much of a priority if you don’t get any response there’s your answer..

Thanks for the reply.

I agree with you with respect to it being quite a concentrated niche, and that it wouldn't take too long to get the details of all the main companies involved.

Disagree with it being a dwindling market though - rental often picks up in a recession due to the lower costs involved, and technological advancements are a reason to rent not buy. However, valid points raised!

Thanks for the reply.

I agree with you with respect to it being quite a concentrated niche, and that it wouldn't take too long to get the details of all the main companies involved.

Disagree with it being a dwindling market though - rental often picks up in a recession due to the lower costs involved, and technological advancements are a reason to rent not buy. However, valid points raised!

One of the most well-stocked lens hire companies posts a fair bit on talkphotography.co.uk and tbh it seems like it's still only a one man band/lifestyle business.

Rather than approach existing lens hire companies I think it might be worthwhile approaching companies who sell lenses who may be looking to expand. Lens hire could be a decent lead gen for lens sales - most people are trying out a new lens for £40 before committing to a £xxx-£xxxx purchase - and if you push it that way you may get a better price.

It's a lucrative business and the domain (in theory anyway) should definitely have some value...

When I lived in London I hired lenses from Fixation (in Vauxhall) and Calumet (in Soho) - I cant remember how I found out about them, I think it might have been initially through photography magazines or word of mouth as oppose to searching online...I suspect most of these companies get their customers from word of mouth/offline marketing and also by enlarge from repeat business from pro photographers though if they're savvy a domain like this would obviously benefit them with new customers (given the exacts etc)

If you are looking for companies to contact try the exhibitor lists for the SWPP (photography conference and tradeshow in London in January) and also Focus On Imaging (largest UK photography trade show held in Birmingham NEC every March)

One of the most well-stocked lens hire companies posts a fair bit on talkphotography.co.uk and tbh it seems like it's still only a one man band/lifestyle business.

Rather than approach existing lens hire companies I think it might be worthwhile approaching companies who sell lenses who may be looking to expand. Lens hire could be a decent lead gen for lens sales - most people are trying out a new lens for £40 before committing to a £xxx-£xxxx purchase - and if you push it that way you may get a better price.

Thanks Boxfish - agree that some of the smaller sites could well be one-man bands, but with big companies such as Calumet in the arena, it's not just a 'lifestyle' business for all.

Interesting idea for approaching sales companies though - will chase that one up! Thanks :)

It's a lucrative business and the domain (in theory anyway) should definitely have some value...

When I lived in London I hired lenses from Fixation (in Vauxhall) and Calumet (in Soho) - I cant remember how I found out about them, I think it might have been initially through photography magazines or word of mouth as oppose to searching online...I suspect most of these companies get their customers from word of mouth/offline marketing and also by enlarge from repeat business from pro photographers though if they're savvy a domain like this would obviously benefit them with new customers (given the exacts etc)

If you are looking for companies to contact try the exhibitor lists for the SWPP (photography conference and tradeshow in London in January) and also Focus On Imaging (largest UK photography trade show held in Birmingham NEC every March)

Thanks for the good ideas. I've already traweled the focus exhibitors list (I'm very into photography!), but hadn't thought of looking at the SWPP so will look at that, cheers!

I'll offer you £75 :D

As mentioned via twitter before it's a great domain and a lucrative niche.

Should be easy enough to shift onto an end user.

Nice try Jon ;)

To be honest, I'm struggling to get any end-users to bite. Maybe it's my approach, or maybe the market is just sluggish? Or maybe it's just not that good a domain?

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom