Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal kind.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello all!

I own the domain name "kind.co.uk" and a lot of interest has been shown recently. I've had a number of offers already through Sedo.

I'd like to get an idea on what you guys think it may be worth, both in terms of selling the domain or turning it into an actual website.

All ideas and thoughts welcomed :)

Thanks, Chris

I wouldn't sell it for less than 10k but that's me in old git mode.

..short, memorable, very brandable for health products/food etc

I can't see its got any value than anything else but a 'proper' brand.

You could try to monetize it with some hotch potch site effort - might kick the buyers up the arse, having said that I dont know your offers or your situation so its very hard to asses.

Good Luck though

Probably worth having a look on http://www.duedil.com/ at which companies have "kind" as part of their company name. Those may be possible purchasers.

It's an awkward name, in that it's "very nice" (and hence should be priced accordingly) but at the same time it really doesn't lend itself to being developed "on the quick" i.e. great for building a brand, as Julian already mentioned, but you're not going to be able to do much if anything with it other than park it while you're waiting for a sale to come along.

If you don't need to sell It's worth whatever you want.

I wouldn't personally even look at an offer under 4 figures though.

Got to be mid £x,xxx at least in my opinion. Very nice name. :)

Instantly toiletries soaps, tissues, wipes make up, health but could be so many things ? check trademarks, companies house etc Not just uk non also that might want to break into the uk, who owns other tld’s cctld e.g. the com owner also has the, de but there uk is kindhearing,,,? Contact the big branding, marketing agencies you don’t need lots of bumf they’ll know its potential, Price I’d only think end user if you want its real value ?
Don’t think I[d limit the end-users by putting anything on the name/site than name bold font offers over xx,xxx (yes might be a long wait but its easy to lower a price much harder to increase it ?) Simple contact form which they have to include a phone number? might cut out some of the timewaster offers ?

As a stand alone UK domain. I'm with the £5K sales price. I agree with the comments that it is going to take a fair amount of investment to build something out of it. ( I accept once that's done it's a flyer)

My logic with good/great 'Global' (Brandable) But .co.uk terms is try to view them as .coms for sale and at what price*. Then apply all the relevant Limiting (occasionally enhancing) UK Markets parameters, - From that perspective, £5k seems about right.

* With Brandables it can only be ball-park start-point - but I would have put the .com at about US$60-75K I do think the word has a better recognition (as in wider application) usage in the UK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom