Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal ideas for m8.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

recently got m8.co.uk and was wondering what people thought it's best use would be. A dating site springs to mind but not sure so looking for opinions.

Not sure if this is the correct section but any ideas or proposals appreciated

Was thinking of an email hosting service but don't know anything about those?

thanks

Email hosting service could work really well, plenty of money in that and would appeal to teenagers and kids I would have thought.

Thanks All so far

1) motorway one :), well im looking for something fun as bored of usual stuff, motorways probably not it but thx

2) thanks Blossom, been looking into email hosting and it looks fairly complex to avoid spammers etc but i do like the idea

3) def texts could work in some capacity, again i have no idea of this but will look into it, thanks Dale

If anyone has the skills to develop this and is interested in a potential JV, pm me.

cheers

What about a site which offers activity days/weekends which you can do with your m8's?

Or a stag weekend/holiday orgainser?

wata bout ye m8?

Could be a perfect domain to start a stag weekend/holiday website on, like Bensd said.

Just elaborating on the SMS thing:

I've always been interested in this. It's not limited to SMS - there's also Bluetooth 'proximity marketing'. It's an easy business to set up, because it's actually a win-win for your client; perhaps e.g. your local KFC or Tesco. The SMS method is very simple - get a short code (not entirely necessary); take an ad out in your local paper and get people to subscribe by SMS for various offers/discounts. Fast food works well. All you need for this is an old Nokia connected by RS232 to an old Win box with some special software installed (cheap!).

For the BT proximity marketing, I'll not go into detail here, but check this out:

http://www.google.com/search?q=blue...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Great name Rob. Just needs a good development model. I strongly advise you not to get into the email business. I've been there and it's a nightmare.

Can't see any of these working. To create a good enough and cool enough service to monetise it, you could use any snappy name.

10 years ago the text based site thing may have worked, but there are so many anti m8 type people. As someone said above you would have to Market it to a limited Market.

And unless it's fantastic your not going to ever realise a profit.

The motorway related idea is by far the best and has most legs.

The M8 stretches across Scotland from Glasgow to Edinburgh. So everyone is aware of it up there.

If you say built a business called M8 and had related sub businesses you would not only have those businesses but a name that people find hard to forget once heard.

A marketing company would suit best i think. M8seo M8webdesign M8 marketing etc with lots of slogans such as. Across Scotland.

Hearing this say on a cheap radio advert would have a huge advantage over people spending fortunes to promote their business names.

The process in people's minds would for one build a relationship subliminally as they know your name already which puts you one step ahead. And even the negatives of the m8 being blocked occasionally could be turned around with slogans such as. Always keeping you moving even when your stuck in traffic. Etc

Obviously it's a name which lends itself to lots of businesses. Transport, delivery etc but with marketing you could start up with virtually no costs and have a viable business instantly with a hugely memorable name for several million people.

There are people who use other motorway related names. But apart from m25 I think m8 is the only other one that can work like this.

M1 m6 etc too big. Other motorways just joining small parts of country together.

M8 connects the two biggest and well known major cities in Scotland and lends itself perfectly.

You could have a web design , seo, virtual numbers , domain registration, b2b comms and a few other web sites up in days.

Relatively small motorway but with a name that could make a huge profit.

Surprised nobody has mentioned any social networking slant, It's a great name for something like that. It's just about finding a different approach to it.

Caz, you know I respect you immensely. Your motorway theme is a non-starter. M5 and M25 don't even resolve.

I made my comments because I know the 'text' space.

Caz, you know I respect you immensely. Your motorway theme is a non-starter. M5 and M25 don't even resolve.

I made my comments because I know the 'text' space.

Lol thanks Dale.

I don't know the text space but I still think my idea has the best chance to succeed :p

Don't forget the marketing company would sell SMS services too. Plenty of out of the box solutions out there such as itagg.

Anyway there is only one way to find out?

Figgghhhht. Lol where has Harry hill gone. He's so funny.

Maaatteeeeee... Still a great domain for stags.

Just needs some advertising, a gr8 way would be to do this via text messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom