Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How about a sin-bin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Following on from a thread deleted earlier today. Anybody else like the idea of a sin-bin section, always a good education for those that don't understand even reasonable etiquette. Admin adds the final comment -asterisks out any offensive language- locks the thread and then moves to a "deleted" threads section.

Paul and the guys used to have one at DomainState (before the sale and collapse) If the user is "banned" that also shows as their status - Always looked to be a good educational tool to me - and the stigma was there to be seen and very often apologised for by the originator.

to my knowledge there was not that many - but a worthwhile reference about what is not tolerated

Last edited:
Can we also sin-bin posters who ignore the "must post a price-range" rule in the Wanted section? :D

I understand what you are saying but I really don't want to leave rude and offensive threads available to view and to have to go through every post and ** out words is very tedious.

If someone is banned from here for serious reasons I remove EVERY thread they created, so what threads do I put in the sin bin, all of them? I also ban their IP address and email from being able to create any new accounts.

Also what if it's a dispute between 2 people that blows over? That happens all the time and I'm not judge and jury over who was right or wrong in some of these matters as some of the communications happen off site.

I come down pretty hard on anyone abusing the site so for me its enough but I'm listening to your comments.

Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom