Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal HotelInNewYork.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
HotelInNewYork.co.uk at Estibot.com valued $5,400

Broad 409,000 Global / 368,000 Local / £1.46p CPC
Phrase 60,500 Global / 6,600 Local / £1.79p CPC
Exact 6,600 Global / 880 Local / £2.68p CPC

Fresh site (ready for owner to build upon) online at http://hotelinnewyork.co.uk It only features a selected number of available hotels from Laterooms, the live search facility provides many more results though from partners of laterooms. (they do not provide partner hotels in their listing feeds, only availability results).

Looking for help with setting a price for the domain and the site before I list either for sale here on Acorn that's fair to the buyer and myself. I'm looking for a reasonably quick sale.

Thank you.

P

Some related sales:

VeniceHotels.co.uk $ 2,750 £ 1,392 Sedo Marketplace April 2008

HotelsInMalta.co.uk $ 59 £ 37 Nokta Domains December 2010

AdWords UK data:
[hotel in new york] 880 exacts, 2 est daily clicks
[venice hotels] 6,600 exacts, 13 est daily clicks

6600 / 880 = 7.5
£1,392 / 7.5 = £185

I would try for £500 then come down as necessary to make the sale. With conditions on here right now, I think realistically £250 would be a good sale.

Your thoughts?

Rgds

Can I ask how you put it at such a high price with little exacts a month, just to give an example my hotelsinmiltonkeynes has 3 times the exacts and a site on it, what would you value that at/?

Thanks I just trying to work out how this works

Chippy, your domains are .org.uk's, this domain is a .co.uk.

co.uk's hold and retain more trust, appeal and therefore, value.

Also, it's worth bearing in mind that domains with reportedly high local exacts via Google's keyword tool is not the be all and end all when it comes to the value of a website or in this case a domain name.

The value of a domain (or website) depends on many things, including competition (via google search), product/service commission value, future potential (fad?), seasonal product, the age of the domain, amongst many other factors to consider.

OK then, I understand that, but in this case the domian hasnt got any age to it and has high competition, the commission is late rooms so the same as mine, so buy looking at this I still dont understand how to get to that value compared to say my hotels in sites?
I dont want to put this done it is a fantastic site, I would just like to be able to get a value on my sites as well.

@accelerator

Thanks for the input as always. Mega high broad match so with effort could be a good domain to have but that's the point I guess, it needs effort on the buyers part.

My thoughts, £200 on the domain, and forget the site. Just not enough laterooms data to make it heavily populated, so would need some deep linking with multiple affiliates and a fair amount of content writing which I don't have the 'free' time to do. I've just put my system on there so it's live and getting ranked in the search engines.

@chippyb

.org.uk lower in value, just how it is for certain things, "hotel in new york" has an extremely high broad match and reasonable phrase match so there's a lot to target, not just those 880 exact matches (which as @seemly mentioned, are not the be all and end all). It also has value for advertising purposes, i.e. for a hotel, or a booking agent, but at the same time isn't a bank breaker.

My site does need developing though to be worthwhile further down the line if it's to be used as an affiliate site. Your site would rank better and faster with lots of well optimised content. Me personally, I'd spend a few weekends building backlinks, optimising for SEO and getting traffic, then your .org.uk will value itself proudly. Just wish I had the time to do that for my own, and I know you're struggling for that commodity too :) Best of luck with your sales though.

P

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom