Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Had an offer for 2 domains as a set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Mornin' all! - Insomniacs!

I have had an offer out of the blue from one of the biggest lettings websites for two domains:

LettingNews(dot)com

&

LettingNews(dot)co(dot)uk

What do you lot think on value?

They said that they want to start a lettings news section! 1st offer just under a grand straight away!

ask for £5k and see what they counter with.

strange that...! Spooky! You can probably guess why...

Cheers

Probably because everyone on here tells him his domains are crap.

Try and look for comparison .com sales ask at namepros or another .com site, research the buyer, take the .com and .co.uk, give discount on the .uk and there's your price, £10,000 might be a good price considering the .com and including the .co.uk but don't scare 'em off, get sedo to handle negotiation if need be.

If there's obvious alternative then don't push but if buyer has money.... there's millions of quid in the letting industry, think of subscribers etc. Research the buyer. If the buyer aint got the money, then between £3k and 5k might be a way forward.

Cheers

No real alternatives to these as I have the others...

• LettingsNews(dot)com
  • LettingsNews(dot)co(dot)uk
  • RentalNews(dot)co(dot)uk

& EstateAgencyNews(dot)com

Asked for £5k for both....still a very good deal for them! Thanks for the appraisals.

Any More thoughts!?! - Guys..!

Last edited:
The word news can by substituted by any amount of words. Gazette, rag, paper, herald, monthly, weekly. This is what people mean by alternatives when they say don't push the price as there's always another domain available for £6. Always offer what you're comfortable with losing.

ah! I see....

I don't think that the 'substitutes' are a patch on the word news! The word news is ingrained in the consciousness of the nation as a THE word for:

North
East
West
South......information and news. News appears most likely to be typed in me thinks!

If they do use an alternative e.g gazette it would only cement the value of mine!?!

Lex

It might not stand for that; but it does appear to make sense...!?!

And you are right Lee; there is millions of pounds in lettings especially in the UK with the huge sums that some properties rent for.....& less and less people can afford to buy so they choose to rent instead. This industry is growing by the second.

My domain niche doesn't look so silly now does it! :)

They just got back to me with £1000 for both!

What to do bubba????

I know exactly who the buyer is!

LettingWeb(dot)com......they're pretty massive

Turned down £1200 for them both today.

Are they worth more? In my opinion YES!

What do you suggest as these are one of my first few negotiations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom