Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Hacker death threats after $500 million domain fraud exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing posts on Acorn wanting to buy parking accounts.

It's a real shame - Michael's a good guy, I met him at Traffic Downunder a few years ago. I hope none of the threats pan out.

Ok, I was wrong thinking it was a blatant pr exercise, but the above article was so light, it made me think otherwise.

Last edited:
Had a good look since, and it seems it was deeper than I first thought after just reading the first article.

Quite brave of him really, the people involved could damage his internet business and associations for years to come.

I had wondered what the ddos attacks were that people talk about, never thought they could cause so much damage.

Having suffered a DDOS attack here I can more than sympathise and the threats must be even more worrying.

Namepro's forum suffered a DDOS too recently: http://status.namepros.com/

Admin

the poor guy thats awful.

click fraud used to be absolutely terrible on yahoo ppc, it was about 10% of clicks from what I remember. had to hound support again and again to get the occasional refund.

im glad someone with a voice has spoken out about it.

With that view count perhaps that was the culprit to your DDOS attack? Any I.P. address on that user (when they registered)?

DDOS attacks are a pain in the ass, one of our clients has been victim of them on a number of occassions and they can take some time to resolve reuslting in days of business loss. I seem to remember the last one flooded the server with laods of header tags (im trying to remember but i can't remember which type they were), but blocking these tags seemed to resolve it on that occassion.

The problem could be reduced massively by making it harder to create an account with parking co's. Trouble is, the parking companies benefit even more than the 'crooks' so it hasn't been in their interests to try too hard to eradicate it.

I think Frank Schilling is trying to do that with internettraffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom