Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

google the drop catcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find interesting is the 'Wiping the slate clean' when a domain drops or changes owner. How would this effect high link domains, suddenly after catching the domain or buying it all inbound Google links are dropped. How would this effect value?

Unless that is I have read that wrongly!

i thought the jist of the article is that Google are making a database of domains and looking at the whois information. Based on this they could penalise large affiliates or parking operators - i would expect that they are trying to make their results cleaner. For a "normal" register 10 domains would be plenty for a company - what they'd do with likes us with 300+ domains :D

I agree with both of you...

Its adding to the way google operate their keyword to domain analysis and payment on parked domains.

It seems that Google don't appear to trust new owners or think the likes of drop catchers with large porfolios of domains will pick them up in the hope of profiting on them.

The purification of the search process is not a bad thing provided that the generic term with appropriate content is ranked highest. The problem arises when search manipulation or even worse for example someone buying music.com and sticks shed loads of finance stuff on occurs

I know its alot more complecated than that. It wouldn't surprise me if Google are not looking towards the "new" dutch domain model and creating barriers to them and equally to the likes of us and aligning themselves further with corporate advertiers.

As for value, you have to assume that dropped domains no longer have link value and equally purchasing an old domain, Google will watch for contents change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom