Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

"General" section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am having to spend more and more time moving threads started in the "general" forum to more relevant forums.

Do we need a "domain general" forum to split that out from sports threads etc. or are some people just not sure where to post things?

I think its partly people not bothering to look were to post in a more relevant section but also becasue it in my opinion it isn't very clear... :roll:

I think 'domain name news' should be up with 'domain research' and maybe broaden the scope of the 'domain research' section to encompass more general domain posts.

As for random posts - a section is definately needed. Other forums I have been a member of in the past have called it ICC - Idle Chit Chat or The Lounge. Basically something that doesn't in any way relate to the board content so its obvious what threads should be started there. :)

Rich :cool:

Being a Mod on a large board, your always going to have members, even long term ones posting in the wrong forum.

I haven't noticed you guys doing it here, but we generaly post a reply simply saying "Moving..." It helps as a general reminder that the user posted in the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom