Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

General Disputes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As ole said along tim ago'As much as I would like to agree with you I can't.

From what I have seen on here there is nothing to suggest that Michael thought Lee was a member, nor is there anything to suggest he wasn't. Either way it seems odd that someone in michaels position and reported academic background would assume anything.

I also find it odd that Michael appears to have posted on acorn within the last 24-48 hours and not posted in this thread when it is / was to do with legal issues.

People can make their own judgement by that.

As a point of interest, i do not have a problem with him recommending acorn it just seems to be unwise to assume and that places question marks over his professionalism.'

Rob....I have been told you are drop catcher....are you catching less these days???

Lee

Here we go again :)

I also find it odd that Michael appears to have posted on acorn within the last 24-48 hours and not posted in this thread when it is / was to do with legal issues.

Why would he post on this thread when yours is the first post and this is the second?

However for accuracys sake: http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/members/michael-penman.html is Mr Penmans profile page.

Last Activity: 18-09-2006 05:06 PM
Last post is 21-07-2006, 09:19 AM http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/nomin...8451-legal-status-uk-domains-7.html#post36692 saying he is withdrawing from the forum.

So you are wrong :)

Rob....I have been told you are drop catcher....are you catching less these days???

Yes I catch the odd name on the drop, volume of registrations are unchanged for the past year or so. Nice to know I am being talked about :)

Incidently I have noticed in a few of your threads you seem to not be able to use the quotation functions and your use of langauge is quite confusing and such as above you dont seem to know what various forum terms mean - ie. a post and 'title' :)

It could be worth reading the http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/faq.php and if you have wider language problems I have heard learndirect - Distance Learning, Online Courses, Computer Courses and Adult Courses, Career Advice, UK do excellent courses.

Why would anyone from Nominet legal team be oblidged to post on Acorn? Good to see another thread by Grandin, the last couple of hours since the last has been a tad dull :mrgreen:

nice to see my words don't fall on deaf ears or eyes for that matter

I still stand by those words, in my mind those people withdrawing from the forum is similar to a child throwing a tantrum...

In the same way a child will need to be reassured in order to feel comfortable and loved..

Lee

We have moved on since then and it is time to let it go

OB

Penman pens resignation?

So Mike "Goodness-Snakes' Penman has resigned as an employee of Nominet -is that right?

Has he been turned to the dark side of the force?
Does he see richer pickings as a tag holder?
What is the story?

For Ole

Ole I totally agree....The only reason I posted on this subject AGAIN!! was because once AGAIN James said that Nominet stopped posting because of me and Sneezy.

Given I had made certain assertions direct to Nominet I did not believe they had stopped posting for the reason specified by James.

A conversation occurred between Michael and James (according to James) James then started posting on the subject with some very strong assertions.

I have asked Nominet to give me a definitive answer.

Nominet as still posting (Jay) but has restricted comments to technical issues...re asserted by Hazel.

James and I do not see eye to eye....however the posts are a small part of my activity on here.....business is business and as I said before money is honest....don't see the sellers moaning

Lee

Last edited:
Michael

The mediation process is the best part of the DRS and I am sure Michael is the best at that.......

Mediation is the key to any dispute...as explained by a judge before the Patent Office created its mediation service....hence my DRS recommendation when a complainant does not have unequivocal rights

Lee

Clarification

Nominet as still posting (Jay) but has restricted comments to technical issues...re asserted by Hazel.

Please note that I have no control over, or input into, what Jay Daley (or any other member of Nominet staff) does or does not choose to post to this, or any other, forum. I have merely commented that Jay is a techie and not (AFAIK) a TM expert.

I most certainly have not asserted that Jay has restricted his comments to technical issues for any reasons other than his own. Which are presumably that those are his area of expertise. He also has a day job so can't reasonably be expected to comment on everything raised on this forum.

IMPO the fact that some Nominet staff choose to post to this forum should be regarded as a bonus and not as an obligation.

Hazel

Last edited:
Is it just me or is anyone else getting bored with all this nonesense being dredged up again?? He does post/he doesn't post/he doesn't post because of this/he doesn't post because of that...........

I'm close to minimising this section so that I can't see it anymore but don't really want to as it usually (or should that be 'used to') have some good topics/information in it???

Grant

Is it just me or is anyone else getting bored with all this nonesense being dredged up again?? He does post/he doesn't post/he doesn't post because of this/he doesn't post because of that...........
Grant

Couldn't agree with you more, Grant - Life's too short :cool:

Peter

I must agree

I must agree with Grant and Ole...James saying one thing and then me giving a counter statement is making things not good for the other members.

If James put in the odd post like Hazel then I am sure things would be better.

Lee

I must agree with Grant and Ole...James saying one thing and then me giving a counter statement is making things not good for the other members.

errr no......This subject being brought up again and again is 'not good for the other members' most of whom I guess don't really care about who said what/who did what/counter statements and all the rest of it....................

Grant

Ok Grant

Ok Grant and Rob and aql...I will refrain as best I can

It is noted though:-

Grant you don't trade domains too much thru Acorn ie. you are unlikely to be a supplier for me

Rob you 'apparently' catch alot less nowadays so unlikely to be a supplier for a buyer

aql you seem to buy domains therefore maybe you like buying the names I like buying so you are a competitor

Just a thought given money is.... honest

Lee

Ok Grant and Rob and aql...I will refrain as best I can
refrain from what? Feel free to tell us what you think, but if it is that you dont like us disagreeing / finding you tiresome lets not bother.

Likewise GrantW (and others) might not be able to see your posts if they have ignored you.

Grant you don't trade domains too much thru Acorn ie. you are unlikely to be a supplier for me

Grant has probably just sold about £10,000 worth of names via this forum in the last couple of days - quality not quantity.

Rob you 'apparently' catch alot less nowadays so unlikely to be a supplier for a buyer

Your fixation with my domains is quite sweet Lee, but I would love to know how you are monitoring my registrations, likewise have data from the past 5 years to compare to :)

aql you seem to buy domains therefore maybe you like buying the names I like buying so you are a competitor

Yes, he probably is likely to be buying the names you want as with your offers (oops, 'apparently' :) ) you will be missing out on purchases.

Just a thought given money is.... honest

Another wonderful post from Grandin, perhaps you can give us your 'notes' on types of cheese next?

whatever

ok rob....whatever

...lets leave it....just remember....put my posts to spam.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom