Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Offers Fudge and Fudge.uk

Reaction score
Earlier this month I received a £5,000 opening offer for Fudge.co.uk on Sedo.

Negotiations have now halted and my offer has expired.

If you have any interest in purchasing Fudge.co.uk / Fudge.uk then please contact me, as I am keen to do a deal this week and will discuss via PM

I am willing to discuss a more favourable deal if it is done outside of Sedo as there is no 20% commission to pay (or VAT) :)

Attachments

• fudge.png
    fudge.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 153
I can't help on this but had a similar thing with an expired offer. I wanted to reach the person who was interested to see if Sedo could reach out. This was there reply:

"We can't contact them directly.
However, if they're still interested, they've likely added the domain to their Watchlist. If so, they'll be notified of the price change."

So the answer was to set a BIN price on the domain for what you'd take and see if they come rolling back round, mine didn't :(

I can't help on this but had a similar thing with an expired offer. I wanted to reach the person who was interested to see if Sedo could reach out. This was there reply:

"We can't contact them directly.
However, if they're still interested, they've likely added the domain to their Watchlist. If so, they'll be notified of the price change."

So the answer was to set a BIN price on the domain for what you'd take and see if they come rolling back round, mine didn't :(

Seems a bit harsh, Last year I refused an offer ( a little different than an expiring offer I know), a week or so later I decided I should probably accept it. So I asked Sedo to reach out to potential buyer and they were more than happy to do so to complete the deal.

You would think with their 20% commission at steak they would do what they could to encourage a rekindle of a sale.

Seems a bit harsh, Last year I refused an offer ( a little different than an expiring offer I know), a week or so later I decided I should probably accept it. So I asked Sedo to reach out to potential buyer and they were more than happy to do so to complete the deal.

You would think with their 20% commission at steak they would do what they could to encourage a rekindle of a sale.

Maybe it was the timing, 2 years :) Offer 2013 and I contacted Sedo in 2015? I agree though when they offer a brokerage service and have the potential buyers details, seems crazy!

I will go one further than that; when I received the initial £5,000 opening offer for the domain, I thought it is a pretty serious opening offer, so instead of negotiating blindly, I contacted someone I had direct email for at Sedo and never received a reply. I then sent an email to the general contact there and still never got a reply.

If I had accepted the £5k offer, sedo would have received over £1k in commission and VAT; but clearly they don't want it.

Further proof that Sedo are useless for .uk domain sales.

Further proof that Sedo are useless for .uk domain sales.

Time for a shameless plug. I agree. Obvously many domainers here don't like money because they still throw 20% away to sedo. The sellers still have to do the transfer work, so not tremendous value. I think maybe there is still some feeling that a serious buyer won't have the wit or ability to find a domain without Sedo and newbie buyers will really appreciate what its all about... very 2003.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom