Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Email dot net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Any opinions on this domain? Thinking of bringing it to the market in coming weeks - email (.) net

Thanks,
Luc

Nice name. Probably worth more now than it will be after hundreds of new GTLD have launched - if they damage domain values at all, it will be to the detriment of the "substitute" extensions, rather than .com.

Nice name. Probably worth more now than it will be after hundreds of new GTLD have launched - if they damage domain values at all, it will be to the detriment of the "substitute" extensions, rather than .com.

dunno about that

fits extension perfectly
.com will be untouched, but other big 2 will stay strong

.org in particular I think will be unaffected, probably more value in a sea of crap

one of those domains that should have been on the market years ago. Personally I'm not sure about capitalising on it today. If one of the' big boys' wants to run with it, then it's a maybe..

it could be too much of a desktop computer domain to make great headway on a sellers market in 2013. just an opinion.

I'm just thinking about [email protected]

However, as a source of email related - then it's a goer - It's going to want a developer to take-up that challenge. I don't see it as a 'money man' domain today

Last edited:
I'm sure email.biz would love this domain, I've read that the owner of. Biz has been investing hard so he would surly be a strong bidder if it went to auction

I'm sure email.biz would love this domain, I've read that the owner of. Biz has been investing hard so he would surly be a strong bidder if it went to auction

Yes, well spotted - I'd have thought they're the #1 (only?) premium buyer. Other organisations may have a passing interest - it's a decent enough name - but email.biz could step it up a gear by having the .net.

Thanks. I am torn between holding/waiting for offers and marketing to a few .NET end buyers in the email space. I could also offer e-mail (.) net (170 daily visitors) as part of the deal.

Holding could represent a better sale down the road. The keyword goes well with .NET in this case (network-related tasks/businesses).

Another alternative: use it as a bargaining chip to trade for something you can make better/more obvious use of.

Another alternative: use it as a bargaining chip to trade for something you can make better/more obvious use of.

I would actually prefer to wait to cash out at some point.

I actively found a buyer for my dictionary dot net domain for $51,500.. and Email (.) net is just as good or better.
Of course we could all argue about that - it's just how I feel after selling several names of this type.

FYI, there is less interest in email than at any time recently. I can tell you that because I track the space closely because I run EmailAddresses.com and several other email-related sites. Probably because people have settled on Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail or another "biggie" and only really change if they're moving to email under their own domain name.

It's still a huge market, but search volumes have shrunk dramatically compared to 5-10 years ago.

Yes, but the term doesn't just cover email itself, even if that is the obvious useage. How many companies offer email related services like spam blockers, email hosting, email marketing etc.

search volumes have shrunk dramatically compared to 5-10 years ago.

Yes no doubt. But 10,000,000 exact searches/month is still quite something in this day and age.

The domain, e-mail dot net is up for auction at flippa (not my domain). That should give some indication of the value you could get in an open auction, although I would say that your domain would be worth more.

Email.net would have been worth way way more 5+ years ago.

gmail has largely taken over... its going to be very hard to compete with Google giving a product away for free, especially when their product is high quality (and although people might hate Google, gmail certainly does what it says on the tin).

I think all the new domain extensions coming out are likely going to have a negative impact on the value of .net (and everything else outside of the countries premium domain extension)

I think its one of those domains that are first glance looks like a great one... but if you gave me it today for free I couldn't actually think of anything I'd be able to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom