Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Efinancial.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello everyone i have efinancial.co.uk for appraisal, some info about it, it's PR2, and receives approx 1000 hits per month. It's never been professionally developed and is in the top domains section at sedo on page 9.

All comments or appraisals will be gratefully received.

It's quite a nice name, and suits the high paid sort, but I think you may run into DRS problems with any of the efinancial companies.

WebCHeck - Select Search Results

However, if you could prove that it wasn't trademarkable and wasn't regged in bad faith then conversely any of those might be buyers.

I'd say low to mid xxx, or if you're selling to one of those then I'd say pitch at low xxxx level.

-aqls-

Cheers for the info! I dont think i would have any problems as it's quite a common generic name, haven't had any trouble yet anyway.

Does anyone else have any input? I'm thinking of developing it so would anyone like to hazard an appraisal with it developed. Cheers in advance Chris

Check what trademarks are registered for efinancial before you put too much effort behind it, trademarks database available office hours, see:

Trade marks

Rgds

Hello all i have checked and i can't find any efinancial trademarks applied for, i have actually now started an official uk ltd company called Efinancial Investments Limited to protect my name now as i feel it is worth protecting. And i will possibly be developing it in the near future to host my company home page.

You could leave the company dormant for a couple of years after that companies house gets a touch twitchy!

OB

I thinking of actually starting it up properly next year, since i have so much time on my hands, i work 4pm to midnight every weekday, so theres plenty of scope to get it off the ground, what i may do is set up a business plan go to the bank and ask for a small , for maybe £20,000 and go and buy a few high quality domains via dropcatching snapnames etc and either park them for a monthly income, or go on for resale to end users etc etc, being an offical guise it may be a viable and realistic opportunity. But i dont know what the bank will say when i try to explain i want to buy domain names with their cash! ha ha

Hello all i have checked and i can't find any efinancial trademarks applied for, i have actually now started an official uk ltd company called Efinancial Investments Limited to protect my name now as i feel it is worth protecting. And i will possibly be developing it in the near future to host my company home page.

If no-one has a trademark already, there's nothing to stop you using the domain name to promote financial services. Suggest you get the site up and running as soon as you can because then you can prove you have earnt "usage rights" to use the efinancial term.

Note, starting a company gives no rights re intellectual property on a name, that is what trademarks are for. You don't necessarily need a trademark, but if you had one, you could stop other people attempting to use your term, although whether you would get one granted for efinancial is open to debate as it is quite a general term.

DYOR etc.

Rgds

Cheers bud, but i think efinancial is too generic to trademark, but i am thinking about my next move on the name though, it gets a good amount of traffic without really pushing it so with a bit of work i could easily double the traffic. But i'm still investigating what the users are actually looking for!

banks

Hi Aggie,
just to save you the hassle. Forget the banks.
I had a Land Company years ago, making good money. I invested £65k initially & bear in mind Land is SAFER than houses. Banks didn't want to know.
Made good profits, they still didn't want to know. I sdaid i can't go much further without serious buying power. They pretty much halted the project. I would imagine most banks would be a complete waste of time re: domain names.
You have a very nice name there. Undeveloped i would say mid £xxxx to the right enduser or more.
Far worse goes for more on a regular basis. Don't sell out cheap, whatever you're told. Good luck . development is your best option. Pred :rolleyes:

Cheers for the appraisal Pred, i'm thinking about developing it now as it's getting all that traffic 1000 hits per month roughly and thats without any professional SEO or proper development, but i'm cracking through my web design diploma at the mo, so hopefully by jan/feb i should have some good knowledge about designing killer websites and SEO. I was thinking too about how loud the bank manager would laugh at me! So i think i save him his ribs! Cheers Bud!

Cheers for that accelerator i will bookmark that site for future ref, i think that is gonna be the way i'm gonna go, since ppc isn't really working for efinancial at the moment. Just can't find the keyword people are looking for. I think i need it stick on a website with analyist tool so i can evaluate what the people are actually looking for and then build accordingly.

cheers Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom