Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal eatinglocal.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paullas

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't usually put threads in appraisal so here goes :)

I have been pondering on developing EatingLocal.co.uk. My first idea was to have a sort of local directory of restaraunts, pubs etc but i thnk that has been done to the death.

So just be interested to hear other members thoughts on it, what script to use, cms etc

Thanks for your time.

There is a national / local foods movement who try to promote locally sourced foodstuffs, less food miles etc, I've seen adverts in farmers/gardeners markets etc. I don't know anything else about them but that may be an angle for the domain.
Local resteraunts are also often interested in sourcing localy grown produce from home growers & farmers, so another angle there.
Small fry suggestions i'm afraid but maybe this sector is one option for selling the domain on in?
Dave . Popupbloke.

I tend to agree with the suggestions these guys are making, perhaps a membership based website where outlets could source produce from local producers.

So for example, you have a local restaurant which requires local products, so he logs on to your site and sees a selection of local producers and their products, then either orders online which could go direct to the producers or is able to contact them directly to place orders. Perhaps local farms, dairies and other food producers could pay your site in order to be listed as a supplier.

I know that where I come form in the highlands of Scotland all the best restaurants place a huge emphasis on sourcing their produce locally, such as lobsters, prawns, salmon, farm meats and veg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom