Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

dot EU draft ADR (eqivalent of DRS, UDRP) procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they need to follow the common rules that the 25 european states have set within the European Union. Following the rules of one country rather than the others would not be fair and would create problems. I think the .eu will be much more regulated than the .com :wink: .

Dont slag me off, but I wrote to them and suggested that they restrict users to owning 5 domains for 1st year so that dont end up in situation where people like Tagnames, etc etc own all the good names. They bothered to write back and say thanks and they were considering,

Inshallah

My response to the consultation which I just submitted:
General observations

- the rules are prominently available only in .doc format, open formats, pdf, rtf, txt should be made available to enable wider and easier participation in the consultation.

- why have the option of a one person or a three person panel, I would prefer to see three person panels always.

Specific points:

2. c Evidence of e-mail being sent - the requirements are vague and impractical. Suggest EurID or other competent authority to run an e-mail address to which electronic correspondence can be cc'd for the purpose of establishing "proof of posting".

4 c "alternative dispute resolution body" is too vague.

12 d 1 ii "The Respondent has no rights or legitimate interests in respect of the domain name; "
I think this should be removed. If individuals or companies wish to register a generic or nonsense domain name they should be free to do so - this may threaten that.

C 2. "The Provider may amend these Rules at any time after receiving the prior written approval of EURid."
The Provider can add extra rules - but surely they can't amend these rules?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom