Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Offers Doom, Kola, Brut, Remodel, Putt, Term, Vino, Mace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I tried to make a sentence out of the title, but could not! They are all .org.uks: Doom, Kola, Brut, Remodel, Putt, Term, Vino, Mace

These are short and commercially strong domains. I encourage you to look through the Google results...for example Doom has 51,000,000 results from the video game, to the movie, to other commercial applications

Kola gets 26,000,000, many about the popular diet supplement.

Brut gets 16,000,000 including frangrance and champaigne.

Vino has 56,000,000 including some interesting business names and products.

Term gets 629,000,000 with a great niche being in the "term assurance" sector

Selling as a set or individually.

Thanks for looking!!

:)

Last edited:
Jacal1,

Have you actually used Google Tools for checking out your names? I'm not being funny, but simply reporting search results is, well, pretty useless.
Here are the Adwords results using Google Traffic Estimator on some of your words (from an ad placement POV):

Keywords Est.Avg.CPC Est.Clicks/Day Est.Cost/Day
lower upper lower upper lower upper
[doom] £0.24 £0.32 36 45 £9.00 £20.00
[term] £0.44 £0.55 10 13 £5.00 £7.00
[vino] £0.30 £0.38 5 7 £2.00 £3.00
[kola] £0.12 £0.18 1 2 £1.00 £1.00
[brut] £0.35 £0.53 2 2 £1.00 £2.00

...and these results were for global entries too. Then consider Google's cut, the competitors 'minisites' or whatever you're competing against, actually getting the visitor to click an ad once hooked, and factor in other effects too, and you'll see why simply stating the 67 Zillion, Billion, Million search results really isn't a good carrot!

Have you not thought of developing one? You never know, Vino has some potential, even more than Doom if you get it right!

Advice appreciated. However, I would counter that if any one tool told the whole story, valuing names would be much easier, and even some of the automatic valuation tools like Estibot and Leapfish would actually work.

In this case I think these names have potential for use that is much broader than their use purely for parking as is - and thus not captured by the tool you mention. In other words, someone with the desire to build a web site about their golf course (or a golf how-to site, or a golf course rating site, etc.) might want the name "putt.org.uk" because its short, popular, and memorable. The popularity of the word - the amount it appears in the lexicon and therefore, perhaps, how memorable it would be as a developed site, is what # Google results measures, IMO.

Doom, for example, could get nice traffic if developed into a video game site, maybe a shopzilla or BANS site, though Traffic Estimator isn't going to measure that potential because its really just measuring the undeveloped word and/or what people have already developed around the word in other extensions, and not the potential site (i.e. development or end user sale potential).

Not saying I don't appreciate advice - I do, and you are right in many ways and I respect your knowledge and the fact that you put some time in for my benefit when you didn't have to - but its fair to respond I think.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom