Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

domain Swap section

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, with what rules?

Just direct swaps?

How would the transfers be managed?

i was thinking just keep it simple..

So I might say:

" I have 5 LLL's I want to swap for a good loan related domain, pm me if interested"

just leave it up to buyers if they interested in the deal.

I think there would be a few peopl ep for t esp. those whose portfolios are heading in new direction etc.

OK, with what rules?

Just direct swaps?

How would the transfers be managed?

I'm just cautious of disputes between what was agreed and no means of securing the transfers, I doubt you can escrow a swap can you?

I can never decide what 'good domain' means. heh.

Maybe easier to post a list of what your willing to swap and and people can message with that their are willing to swap in exchange or something ?

I'm just cautious of disputes between what was agreed and no means of securing the transfers, I doubt you can escrow a swap can you?

We can look at domain trader feedback.

I think this is a good idea and hopefully any issues can be worked through.

Rgds

Yep another vote here - brilliant idea and I am sure the disputes would be no different to the same if someone didn't pay for a name on here normally ? it doesn't normally happen anyway, and most people on here are trusted members.

I have lost count the number of domains I have pushed to people without receiving the funds first, as I trust people and I also know they are "regulars"

This could be a great idea !

Could be worth making it exclusive / non spiderable as if people are posting lists of names they may not want them cached.

Good idea though :)

its a good idea in principle, however i've never seen it work anywhere yet :)

there was a site called swapnames who were obviously just a swap site, snapnames bullied them at court over the name and they had to hand over. owner was a stright up guy too, lost a lot of money in end, thing with that site was people just approached you wanting a good name and offering 30 crap ones, so i predict this will happen a LOT. to my knowledge I know noone who ever completed a swap lol

thats not to say it cant work but people will have to make clear in their post what they want and dont want. in the domains wanted threads you can see what happens even when people are really clear ;-)
likewise in the wanted threads on other forums there is options to trade or swap. to my knowledge never seen one completed

worth a try for sure though

Yeah if you specify

NO Hyphens (-) that looks like cyclopse off the x-men.
NO Numbers
Max Length X Letters
Pronouncable
ONLY ex.t, .ext or NO .me.uk, NO .cc NO .cn

Would have to have some very precise markers to stop the 30 x Reg Fee hits all day.

yeah if you specify

no hyphens (-) that looks like cyclopse off the x-men.
No numbers
max length x letters
pronouncable
only ex.t, .ext or no .me.uk, no .cc no .cn

would have to have some very precise markers to stop the 30 x reg fee hits all day.

+1...........

Is it worth setting up some rules so there are more structered posts ie. what type of domains they are looking to trade for etc.

Yup, they should state:

What genre of domains are you looking for?
What extensions are acceptable?
Hyphens?
Alphanumeric?
Must it contain any specific words?

anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom