Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Decathlon.org.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Happy to get some idea of the value of this domain. End of the day it's a dotorg, but it has 165,000 Monthly Exacts and the .co.uk seems to imply it has potential for general sporting goods and ware/wear sort of services.

In terms of use I haven't thought about it much but guess with apparent new UK enthusiasm for sport it could be ideal for a wordpress type site packed with info on sport, exercise, nutrition and perhaps even events, with usual promotions for affiliate income etc. That's about as far as I've got.

Many thanks for looking and any views.

Are you aware that there is a large sports retailer called Decathlon?

That might have some bearing on the matter.

Happy to get some idea of the value of this domain. End of the day it's a dotorg, but it has 165,000 Monthly Exacts and the .co.uk seems to imply it has potential for general sporting goods and ware/wear sort of service

Are you aware that there is a large sports retailer called Decathlon?

That might have some bearing on the matter.

You might to read this response. Be prepared for the solicitors letter if you to try to set up any kind of sports retail web site.

Stephen

Yes, you wrote that before....and my point is that Decathlon is a big store with big shops (like the enormous one at Surrey Quays) and they may have trademarks relating to the use of the term "decathlon" as a sports retailer.

Even if they don't have trademarks, the fact that they are a large well established store might make anyone using decathlon.org.uk as an online sports store vulnerable to an action for "passing off" from the well established business with 12 stores around the UK.

This may have a bearing on the value of the domain, which is the ? you originally asked.

Last edited:
I've read up on their Trademark and it specifically does not cover Decathlon related activity which i'm afraid includes quite a wide area of sporting activity. No you can't set up a sports shop with this domain name and I don't think I'm saying you can. You can however set up a wordpress blog around the theme of the 'decathlon' and unless i'm mistaken decathletes have to engage in a wider range of training than just what they do in events, and draw income from affiliates given you're not the one actually supplying the goods.

I'd like a valuation on the domain in that context. Lets take all those stampeding to pop in and state the blindingly obvious re. 'you know you can't setup a sportshop', as a given now pls. Ta.

OK

Given that (per the Adwords Tool) most of the searches relating to the term "Decathlon" seem to relate to the sports store Decathlon, not the event Decathlon, I'd say the domain has a value of high £xx.

There are often names that are ok but have no commercial market given the limitations of this add it being an org.uk I'd say this is one of them...

Professional would have analysis done in a sports college, uni and a tailored training for each specific sport weakness etc Even putting amateurs , professional together likely there aren’t enough of them anyhow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom