Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Critique, Advise & Feedback Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Started building http://www.how2begin.com several months ago. Went live in July. Biggest problem I have at the moment is traffic. Just around 80 per day. I've submitted articles, posted in forums, directories, used Adsence and Yahoo, but feel I should be doing more. As there's little income from the site, I can't afford anymore advertising, so I'll have to work on creating a better site.
Perhaps someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong or what else I should be doing. Using Joomla which is great, though there are restrictions. All comments most welcome. Thanks:)

Think it looks really good.

I would have submit an article on main header as I couldn't see this is what you were trying to achieve. Maybe a good idea would be a profit share so if you submit an article you get a share of ad income based on the profit your page generates??

Traffic will come naturally as site grows and starts to appear at top of google for numerous subjects!

I'd default google search box to search site (rather than web).

For each page I'd have those icons where people can recommend your article to delicious digg it etc

Not sure the domain How2begin is the best (not sure about the word begin). That said not many domains available only one i could find was HowDoI.org.uk
(which is pretty good??)
good luck

Also

TellYouHow.co.uk and TellUHow.co.uk

WeTellHow.com co.uk

WebHow.co.uk

HoWeb.co.uk

Thanks Guys for your comments - Allclear a little unsure what you mean re:
For each page I'd have those icons where people can recommend your article to delicious digg it etc

I did have a comment box, but the spam that was being left was getting stupid, really want to avoid if possible asking visitors to log in, maybe in time this will have to happen.

Allclrear - looked into adding the article link icons code, only one realistically I can use 'del.icio.us' as all the others need individual URL's for every page, with nearly 100 pages, it would be massive to implement.
BTW, checking out your site, don't suppose you fancy writing and submitting an article on how to get out of debt *S*

Yes will look at that.

I also once wrote How to do the Rubiks Cube in under 1 minute and will try and find that too!! (i'm not boring honest!!).

What did you think about the profit share scheme if the page you wrote generates income. i think this would enable your site to grow much quicker??

Allclear - Hey take it steady :) I may be female and a Wizard to boot LOL, but can't do everything. This was on my 'to do' this afternoon. Honestly never heard of this before so will have to do some homework on how it all works.

the profit share scheme QUOTE]

Re articles, that would be wonderful, will place alongside links to your side.

Hi Merlin

My advice would be to concentrate on developing more content and of course allowing users to vote will help.

Try spending some time sourcing some good back links. You will see a huge difference with 50 pr 2+ back links. It may take a month or 2 but that;s fine. Slow & steady.... :)

Take a look at the many affiliate programs out there. Maybe start with a network as they offer more choice.
Choose a few programs to promote in prominent positions of all entry pages.

If necessary activate google analytics or a.n.other statistics software that can help you determine entry pages, heavily viewed and bounce pages.

Don't give up as it's a nice site with lots of potential.

Good Luck

Regards
Lee
Buying IVA Leads for up to £250 per lead.
No Rejections on ALL IVA & DM Leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom