Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal breathalyserkit dot com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls

Breathalyserkit dot com

Any thoughts on value for this one? It is now mandatory for drivers to France, so would have thought it might be worth a few bob. Was about to put it up for sale but have no idea as to value. Keyword searches are not high, but this will surely increase over time. Thoughts....?

Hi guys and girls

Breathalyserkit dot com

Any thoughts on value for this one? It is now mandatory for drivers to France, so would have thought it might be worth a few bob. Was about to put it up for sale but have no idea as to value. Keyword searches are not high, but this will surely increase over time. Thoughts....?

I think it's worth around €30 send me your paypal and we can do a deal :)

Indeed it is now law to carry 2 breathalyser kits when you drive to France, applies to tourists too (along with the existing yellow vest and warning triangle). Otherwise you get an €11 fine.

The disposable kits will be quite low value items as they are disposable so would take some time to get the money back from an affiliate scheme but I can see this domain's value growing over time.

Hard to value in such a limited niche so I would develop and sit on it for a while.

Admin

I was in France last week and bought a few kits fo 2 euros per 2 breathalysers. They are about £5 on Amazon when I looked. Had thought of buying a load up to sell on eBay / Amazon but in the end didn't.

Stephen.

Indeed it is now law to carry 2 breathalyser kits when you drive to France, applies to tourists too

Admin

Note - The French have given a "grace period" to foreign cars or licence holders till end September (just in case anybodies going this summer)

I also see it wrote a lot as [breathalyzer] I guess thats more of an American thing?
Not sure which way I'd spell it.
Would have to take that into account on the value.
So probably better suited to the Euro/UK market for that reason also.

I think if I was French I'd chance my arm at the 11 euro fine, when you add in the cost of a triangle & a jacket ;)

This is definitely a product that will only grow in demand though.
Laws will be pushed here in the UK also in one way or another I would imagine. Maybe also in pubs/clubs?
But individuals won't buy them unless they are forced too. = You win.
Wholesale market maybe the best way to given the item price?

Just my thoughts
All the best
Mike

Note - The French have given a "grace period" to foreign cars or licence holders till end September (just in case anybodies going this summer)

Grace period, never knew that, and only €11 fine, never knew that either. Hmm wish I'd read this before wasting £6 on amazon. Wasting £6 is quite common for me :) plus thinking on its the final day of the tour when we will be driving to Paris so unlikely to have been stopped anyway.

Just need one French bobby to sit at Calais and fine people at will. Could make a mint.

I may do what Brassneck said and buy a load to sell on the domains we registered earlier.

And while I'm moaning I was asked to order some new headlight stickers earlier. £4 for two pieces of plastic. There must be some entrepreneur on here that can get them from china for next to nothing and sell them for £2 and still make a killing surely. Dale get looking.

The French love their laws - just look at the 35 hour working week!

My car doesn't need those stickers Caz, I can adjust the headlights electronically so maybe you should buy yourself the same car to save yourself the hassle :)

Admin

The French love their laws - just look at the 35 hour working week!

My car doesn't need those stickers Caz, I can adjust the headlights electronically so maybe you should buy yourself the same car to save yourself the hassle :)

Admin

Lol Yes, when I win the lottery I will.

You would be ok either way as I'm sure your driver would have sorted it.

Thanks for your thoughts....I wasn't sure on the 'alyser' or 'alyzer' spelling, I bought breathalyzerkits co uk' at the same time, but I think the .com is the one to develop. Will set up an affiliate page and see if they shift and then source some if they do. Could be a nice area, as it's not the sort of thing sold on the high street....

Some additional relevant info-they need to be approved to French standards (marked NF). You may also be interested to learn this seems to have been suggested and pushed through by a company that makes breathalysers... Plenty of drivel here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom