Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

_org_uk bonfires, champagnes, & 1 dot com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello all,
here are the next 3 I'm wanting to reduce from my huge list of websites. I've put an indication of (extremely reasonable) prices against each but will entertain sensible offers if you want to post them below.

Assuming any offers are made and they're not silly ones, then I will be selling all of these websites, all of which have great potential.....

No.1: Bonfires.org.uk

I don't know about you but whenever we want to take the kids to a bonfire they've never advertised them in the local paper or online, which makes it a pain to find one on the night you want it, and must cost pubs who have them money from people who miss them.

The idea was to produce a directory that people can pay to advertise their bonfire with images, etc (it's currently set to £10 but you can easily increase the price in the control panel), aimed mainly at those massive pub chains that own thousands of pubs.

Plus fireworks sales, fireworks display companies, etc, etc and adsense.

You'd think it'd be a no-brainer for them to advertise, just a couple of extra visitors per pub as a result would more than pay for the ad.

Anyway, I didn't get it finished early enough last year and as a result it wasn't ranking too well at that time, plus I didn't get around to approaching the pubs to see if they wanted to advertise - but even so the visitors ramped up around bonfire night & hit 3121 visitors on bonfire night itself.

It's now 4th in Yahoo if you search for bonfires, & 2nd on page 2 of Google for bonfires.

If you search for "bonfires in *town name*" it's generally on page 1, and seems to be at the no.1 spot in Yahoo for a good chunk I've just searched for off the top of my head.

If you could get just 50 pubs to advertise at say £20 a pop thats £1000 - with the number of bonfires up & down the country it should be easy to get it to 500+ with some time and effort, plus other advertisers, adsense, affiliate sales, etc.

I'll work with you on moving it, it shouldn't be difficult, you get the files, database, etc of course. It handles billing, repeat billing etc automatically, users add their own details.

Although earnings are negligible right now, this does offer the possibility of substantial earnings, and so I'm looking for £500+ for this one.

No.2: Champagnes.org.uk

Currently 9th on page 1 of yahoo & 8th on page 1 of Google for champagnes, it has made a number of sales and earned £36 in commission since november.

Really needs some work on it (ie content adding), I haven't touched it since it went live.

It has my csv uploader (see blow) installed so you can add the products from a spreadsheet that you download from eg affiliate window.

It really should be capable of earning reasonable money, "champagne" gets 110,000 local exacts per month, so when you think of special occasions (mothers day, fathers day, valentines, christmas, weddings, engagements, birthdays, etc) there are plenty of opportunities to promote the site better at them.

I just don't have the time to do anything with it, which is a shame, but typical for me. Had 248 uniques in the last 30 days.

I'm looking for £400+ for this one.

Please post any offers below.

Thanks!

Last edited:
No interest on these?

I think I might hang onto bonfires since I now have a salesperson doing some work for me, but I'd be prepared to take offers on champagnes above £250 if anyone is interested??

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom