Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

best way to passively sell a website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i have lots of websites that make small money but i'd be happy to sell them for a decent offer.

what do you find works best?

listing them on sedo?
put the sedotracker thing in your website footer?
a few words on your contact page about it?
the domain section on your user profile on this website?

Quick thoughts from me:

- It's hard to sell them passively.

- Why not price them up, then actively promote them for sale, on SitePoint marketplace etc etc.

Rgds

If they aren't earning much, perhpas you should give consideration to maximising revenue streams. Then if you decide to keep the, you'll benefit, and if you sell you'll have more scope for getting a good sale.

Hi

I have used Flippa several times, although I have had one buyer who did not pay in the end I have sold a couple of sites that way.

Not had much luck with Sedo

As Newguy says unless you want to get just a small fee for them you are best to try and exploit all income streams first, that way you are 1. more likely to sell and 2. get a better price in the end.

Matt

thanks all.

i think i will work on getting my best site to #1 or as close as and try and sell it.

then work my way down...

would you be able to list a few sites for us to look at, review, offer some guidance on value etc

do they need much attention day to day? if they make some money for you but dont need any they push them on? have you had any luck selling any?

no work at all apart from backlinkage and adding some text now and then.

my strategy was to buy a lot and make a little from each. my thinking was that more people would be after the higher traffic domains, so lower traffic ones would be easier to find. but it also means the ones I have are harder to sell, as none of them bring in decent money and so dont really shout out to be bought.

ive had a few queries but nothing concrete.

no work at all apart from backlinkage and adding some text now and then.

my strategy was to buy a lot and make a little from each. my thinking was that more people would be after the higher traffic domains, so lower traffic ones would be easier to find. but it also means the ones I have are harder to sell, as none of them bring in decent money and so dont really shout out to be bought.

ive had a few queries but nothing concrete.

have you changed your strategy now? focused on the more profitable sites?

oh i forgot to reply here. yes im trying to sell my best few sites and also trying out flippa for the first time. I need to have far fewer sites on the go too, 100+ is too much work.

spend a bit on promotion to increase traffic and then sell it at Flippa to gain back at least 10x of the cost.

oh, did you say it's 100+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom