Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Backorder dispute (need help)

Reaction score
I have ordered an backorder domain with dynodot and I was the only backorder customer for this domain. But dynodot are not putting the domain in my account. They said the following message.

We are truly sorry, but the domain has already been released by the Central Registry and another customer has registered it in the meantime.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused!

they are lying and the domain is with the dynodot.

Need help to see what can be done

Domain in question is 9y.uk

Attachments

• IMG_6529.png
    IMG_6529.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6530.png
    IMG_6530.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6531.png
    IMG_6531.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 67
If there are more than one customer then they much do backorder auction. It’s their policy. They are messing about.

I have ordered an backorder domain with dynodot and I was the only backorder customer for this domain. But dynodot are not putting the domain in my account. They said the following message.

We are truly sorry, but the domain has already been released by the Central Registry and another customer has registered it in the meantime.

Dynadot definitely caught 9y.uk. If what you say is correct, and you were the sole back order customer, it is for them to explain why they did not catch it on your behalf.

It sounds like the domain could have hit the backorder auction maybe? meaning the starting bid will be the backorder price and will be placed for the customer who first placed the backorder..

The domain is not on the backorder auction. Called nominet they said domain is registered under some one else name.

they actually messed it up. Now they are saying some one else hand registered it at dynodot before they captured. How is that possible?

called nominet, they said the domain was registered with in 1 seconds less then dropping.

they told me I have to dispute with dynodot they don’t have nothing to do with this.

Dynodot saying:

I am sorry, there is nothing wrong with how this domain was registered. Backorder requests are not guaranteed. This domain was hand registered by one of our customers. This is unfortunate for you, yes! However this can happen sometimes. There was no problem on our end.

There is nothing else that can be done for this domain name on our end.

We can not guarantee a backorder. Unfortunately, this was hand registered before it was caught by our backorder system. That can happen, and it did this time

Added my screenshot of my backorder

Attachments

• IMG_6532.png
    IMG_6532.png
    145.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6533.png
    IMG_6533.png
    135.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6534.png
    IMG_6534.png
    139 KB · Views: 44
It’s been posted by a member of the forum and is now for sale on GoDaddy for $299.

I get it isn’t a great situation but that is a very fair price if the seller is aware and one well worth paying to secure the domain and save the aggro.

That's pretty lame if their own in-house catching system can be beaten by their API.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom