Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Appraisal - uefa-cup.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've just reg'd uefa-cup.co.uk and was wondering if I'd just wasted even more money?!!?? :rolleyes:

Cheers,

CM

strong TM and they tend to guard it although I'm not sure about domains

the powers that be at EUFA

Hi,

I had 2006germany.co.uk all developed for about 3-4 months before the world cup in 2006.....and about a fortnight before it started I got a 'cease and desist' letter/email from the lawyers acting on behalf of EUFA.

They have an unbelievably strict TM stranglehold on all the major competitions and you would not believe the extent of the number of words/numbers (years etc)/locations of stadia and combinations that they 'own' in the years running up to, during and after these major competitions.

I would appear that unless you are a major sponsor (e.g. Budweiser!!!) then you can't make any money without giving EUFA a lot back in return.

Just thought I'd tell you as I spent a lot of time and effort (but probably not quite as much money as Budweiser!!!) in getting the site ready for the big kick off and was given the red card before kick off!!!!

The fact that none of the home nations have qualified (damn that divet!!) probably wouldn't help much either!!

Cheers,

Paul

correcting my rant slightly....

with all my ranting I got a bit confused with the UEFA cup (and my spellings!!) and the UEFA championships.... but I think the basic principles will still be pretty accurate.

with all my ranting I got a bit confused with the UEFA cup (and my spellings!!) and the UEFA championships.... but I think the basic principles will still be pretty accurate.

Yeah it sounds like the basic principles would be the same!! Thanks for the heads up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom