Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Appraisal please: cdshop.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As per the title, wanting an appraisal for cdshop.co.uk

It's currently on Sedo but I'm conscious of the fact that "make offer" tends to put off buyers so I want to set a reasonable/realistic price.

I could just set it up an an entertainment store affiliate but I'd prefer to flog it.

Any input appreciated...

Thanks

My thoughts as follows:

It's a nice snappy memorable domain name.

I'm not sure it would attract an affiliate marketer because CDs are relatively low value items. You'd have to find a merchant, but then the established merchants would have already got their names and branding.

I take it there is no trademark on cdshop.

I guess the value of this domain could fall as more people switch to mp3 for sound and DVD on the computer. Your best case scenario would be if there was a new cd retailer wishing to start a new online presence. So I guess it depends on what marketing you are prepared to do. Personally, I wouldn't let it go for anything less than £500, but achieving more is going to rely on you tracking down the right buyer. If somebody was just about to start a venture called cdshop, then I guess they'd be prepared to pay a lot more for it, but if I was going to do this, I'd only pay up to £2000. I would recommend asking your question over in the domain name section of the affiliate marketing forum a4uforum.co.uk, as there might be some merchants or affiliates over there that would make you an offer for it.

I'm not an expert yet, but I hope my ramblings help. If you do sell it, I'd be grateful if you'd PM me to let me know how much you made.

Good luck with the sale

accelerator

As an affiliate site domain I think it has potential - it looks "real" I think customers will click on it in the SERP.

http://www.dvdshop.co.uk shows the kind of thing that could be done.

Why do you not want to develop it? If it's just a question of time I'd be prepared to set up an affiliate site and get you traffic on it in return for the affiliate fees in the period before you sold it. (You'd benefit from the increse in the capital value of your site with the extra traffic).

I agree CDs aren't a long term thing and have a small value.

I think the domain alone has minimal value - but developed a little would be worth 1-2 years income, which I'd estimate as being up to 500-2000 UKP, depending on how fast the site gets established within the first year.

Mishmash and Accelerator - thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Will have a think about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom