Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Appraisal: motorcycleinternational.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know your instinct may be to say it's long or too long but isn't the fact I have only two words, no abbreviations and no substitutions a plus factor?

I have a couple of other names I am thinking of using for my site but I can't get past the global and corporate appeal of the motorcycleinternational.com

The others are ukbiketrader.com and 4yourbike.com

Your probably getting the picture now so feel free to post your thoughts, I would appreciate it. :D

Last edited:
always a hard one to judge this - is motorcycle one word or two?
when ever you add another word it becomes on the boundary of 'long'

it dont describe a service or a product and so fairly vague which may appeal to a buyer and may not

value - .com = no idea top XXX?

Thanks for your input.:)

I think 'motorcycle' is one word although it is made up of two, just like 'cardboard' is I suppose?

As far as describing a product or service goes I've been wondering about how important this when a name can become synonymous with one thing or a number of things.

For example, 'google' doesn't mean anything whatsoever and the word 'virgin' does not by itself conjure up thoughts of trains, plains, records, cola etc.
I might be missing the point here of course.

milliondollarhomepage isn't as long as motorcycleinternational but it is equally uninformative in terms of what the site is and has four words.

Makes me wonder how hard and fast the traditionally held views on what constitutes a great domain name, I do however appreciate some are more obviously better than others.

Anybody else have any views?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom