Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Appraisal : Greygoose.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, I've been approached by an agent who is coy about their client but I suspect its Bacardi who own GreygooseVodka. Their first offer is 1500USD which I think is far too low. Any advice? NB domain only, no website or click through or associated business. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I suggest you use an agent of your own.

There are a few on this board.

-aqls-

I would be tempted to write back to them thanking them for the offer, and suggesting that you are flattered by their interest, you should perhaps mention you have invested considerable resource on structural and scenario analysis on the domain and believe you have a good mixture of content and revenue potential

You should also perhaps mention that you have researched other domain names and it would not be financially beneficial to invest additional resource on another domain at the level of offer made.

If they wish to submit a further offer you would give serious consideration to its merit.

Again thanking them.

How do I know a good agent from a bad one, other than the significant amount of debate surrounding SEDO right now? I'm new to the game and the forum so any help gratefully received.

The pilgrim females make a great pet, very calm temperament, [are guaranteed bird flu free] so you can replenish your stocks quickly and safely.

Packs of 300 geese $4.15 each = $1,245

Only 2 sales and the offer looks a little low!

You don't want to lose that domain too quickly!

http://www.metzerfarms.com/goose.htm

-aqls-

I would agree don't seel too low....

Also invite them in to provide additional thoughts on plausible domain names
whether you agree or not, its sucking them into a debate!

9150 OV?

It worth alot more than £780 you would get if sold through Sedo

An independent agent will work for you rather than just cock it up.

On this forum there are some, and I think on DNforum there is a section for agents.

2 parts of an agents fee - negotiation and process.

It's the negotiation that's important on this one as there probably won't be too much hassle on the payment process with a big company, apart from a bit of drawn out time wasting.

A good agent is one that has gained high prices in sometimes difficult situations. Ask for their history, at least that which they are allowed to tell.

Their reputations tend to go before them.

-aqls-

I agree with aqls if you do go for an agent.

Equally on this one, if it is bacardi then it should be an easy sell and you shouldnt need an agent especially since you appear to have a legit claim to the domain

just think carefully about the amount you think is reasonable don't get bullied and don't reply to emails correspondance the same day

olebean said:
....if it is bacardi...

I'd want to establish this as fact before you go any further. offers come and go as quick find out as much about the buyer as possible?

remember as well they have a trademark for grey goose so watch what you do with it

Filing date: 04.11.1996
Publication date: 18.01.1999
Registration date: 30.10.1998
Class: Wines, vodka and gin.

Establishing if it is bacardi doesn't matter that much, its a wanted domain by virtue of the relationships between bacardi, youth and disposable income.

Bacardi know they can't claim rights to it so he has the moral ground, he hasn't parked it in anyway so there is no bad faith.

The offers will come and I can see the domain easily reaching a decent figure not the 780 he would get now, irrespective of bacardi even if its just parked

olebean said:
Establishing if it is bacardi doesn't matter that much, its a wanted domain by virtue of the relationships between bacardi, youth and disposable income.

surely these are all attributes of the bacardi association and nothing to do with "goose" and "grey"

olebean said:
Bacardi know they can't claim rights to it so he has the moral ground, he hasn't parked it in anyway so there is no bad faith.
educate me - why if they hold the trademark do they not have a right to this domain?

:S

aqls said:
check whois.

Aha... :D

Slightly off topic, but in line with the other current threads on typos, I see that graygoose.co.uk is available to register. But for how long??

Brilliant.... he should keep hold of it .... it's a family heirloom :smile:

aqls said:
check whois.

-aqls-

Ah the joys of Deed Poll!
might change my second name to microsoft - see what i can snap up :D

no offence mr greygoose

charlie

cold weather affecting you in more than one capacity? lol

olebean said:

DRSP
Evidence of Abusive Registration

B. as a blocking registration against a name or mark in which the Complainant has Rights;

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom