Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

An idea of a place for wider monthly Acorn meetups - The Veg Box, London (2 min from Marylebone station, 1 minute from Baker Street station)

Helmuts

AcornDomains.co.uk
★★★★★
Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

It seems, I have found a great place for us to meet 1x/month >> The Veg Box in London.

Google maps link: https://maps.app.goo.gl/TKzhXcLX3UsXSbKb6

Address: 136 Marylebone Rd, London NW1 5PH
>> 2 min from Marylebone station, and just 1 minute from Baker Street station

I personally know the owner (have known him for years - my client), and have pre-arranged that I could organise networking evenings on every 1st of 3rd Wednesday of the month. Important part: I don't need to make the minimum spend payment that is almost always required by most places of this level.

At the past Acorn networking events, historically, we have had 5-15 attendees. For this reason, the topic will be wider > Domains and Online Business meetup or similar. Any suggestions?
Domain names are very close to all the Digital Assets niche (well, we are the OG part of it). Maybe: Domains and Digital Assets?

The whole floor would be ours for 3-4 hours once a month (on a chosed Wednesday).

Capacity: up to 90-100 people, where 40-50 would be perfect.

Pre-planing monthly Acorn networking events will help international businesses to find ways to meet us in person.

Video I did for the Domain Summit needs (mostly to show the place for potential sponsors):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top floor (we could have this for us exclusively):
chargers are there for our devices (check)
chargers.jpg

with the owner
Photo 31-07-2024, 15 11 55.jpg

Photo 31-07-2024, 16 37 50.jpg

Photo 31-07-2024, 15 13 09.jpg

Photo 31-07-2024, 15 12 31.jpg

A bit larger space also allows us to have presentations, if needed:
Photo 31-07-2024, 16 37 58.jpg

Photo 31-07-2024, 16 54 48.jpg

Photo 31-07-2024, 17 49 16.jpg

--

Ground floor:

Photo 31-07-2024, 16 38 25.jpg

Photo 31-07-2024, 16 38 31.jpg

Photo 31-07-2024, 16 39 16.jpg

Photo 31-07-2024, 16 43 20.jpg

Photo 31-07-2024, 16 40 38.jpg

Photo 31-07-2024, 16 40 29.jpg

--

Menus (prices) to show that the place is more than affordable (not only nice looking):

Photo 31-07-2024, 16 56 58.jpg

Photo 31-07-2024, 16 57 04.jpg

Photo 31-07-2024, 16 57 29.jpg

============

No country in the world is doing anything like this. Shall we be the first and get London properly on the global domain name industry map?

and yes, there is a limit/capacity how much I can do for the UK industry, especially as Nominet has "0" interest officially doing anything with us.

I have already interest from couple industry companies on sponsoring drinks for couple of these events, as this would help them to promote themselves.

I am a huge believer of in-person connections, and this is the single largest element that can change anybody's finanaces and life in 24 hours.

Would you like helping me organising these? We need to join forces here to make this happen.

Best wishes all
Helmuts

p.s. again, written without chatgpt, to keep the soul :)

@JamesTuplin what do you think James?

@James Iles , hi James, does GoDaddy group do internal networking meetups for the Group companies?

@Ryan Ewen are you in buddy? Shall we do the 1st one for the Brandable.uk re-launch > when developers have completed their tasks, all the tests are done and you guys are ready, of course :)

@Cosmin an idea for the 2nd attempt to do an Acorn Domains and Titan Research party?

@sedo :) You guys? :)

@SitePlug > Jonathan, let us talk about this one when we soon meet in London :)

@BG, your thoughts? :) .. you are Big in crypto, and currently the most crypto meetups, sadly, are done at Wetherspoons or some smelly places. note: I personally love Wetherspoons :D :D .. though, it isn't the best place for cool networking evenings.

Ideas? :)

Quick update: We will do it on every 2nd Wednesday of the month. If there is a specific industry event during the 2nd Wednesday of the month > meetp might to moved over to the 3rd Wednesday (for example, in November, we have ICANN event in Istambul, Turkey - 9-14 Nov).

The 1st date will be September 11th. I will publish more details when ready.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom