Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal amazingbody.co.uk - Appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Freemo,

amazingbody - ovt 0
amazing body - ovt 79
+ there is no one bidding on these keywords

Aside from the stats (which arn't good) I'm not sure where you are going with this?... Did you have an idea in mind?

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news... :roll: but this as a domain is reg free.

NOTE: Ive just checked the whois - this is still free to reg?? :???:

Rich :)

Hi Freemo,

amazingbody - ovt 0
amazing body - ovt 79
+ there is no one bidding on these keywords

Aside from the stats (which arn't good) I'm not sure where you are going with this?... Did you have an idea in mind?

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news... :roll: but this as a domain is reg free.

NOTE: Ive just checked the whois - this is still free to reg?? :???:

To be honest being a complete newbie and not having a clue about what I was doing I ran off in my excitement and got a couple of names.

I have no idea what your stats even mean if i'm honest (a link to somewhere that explains all of this wouldn't go a miss).

I only registered it like an hour ago with 123, don't know how long the systems take to update. My thinking behind it was the publics obsession with fitness, going to the gym etc. I suppose I was hoping someone out there would want the name ha.

Obviously i'm way off, but you have to start somewhere. Do you know of any good sites for me to read and brush up on my knowledge before wasting any more money ha.

rich has a point, the market potential for domain is limited development is your only real option to create value

To be honest being a complete newbie and not having a clue about what I was doing I ran off in my excitement and got a couple of names.

We've all done it - but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger - I got into this business the same way, as most people here probably did. We make mistakes so that we can learn from them and you've come to the right place to do just that! :)

I have no idea what your stats even mean if i'm honest (a link to somewhere that explains all of this wouldn't go a miss).

ovt = Overture - Some people love it, some people hate it - I use it as a quick guidance myself. It basically lists how many people in a geographic location have searched for a keyword or keyword term using the Yahoo search engine. For a very rough Google estimate simply triple the figure retunred. In this example only 79 people have searched for the term 'amazing body' in the latest months stats. Ideally a domain with ovt+extn is what you are looking for otherwise look for keywords that have ovt results in the 1000's. There are more ways to measure search traffic for keywords / terms but this is for another day!

There is no one bidding on these keywords - this means there are no tagetted ads being paid for for these keywords - a good indication that people are not searching for these terms.

I only registered it like an hour ago with 123, don't know how long the systems take to update. My thinking behind it was the publics obsession with fitness, going to the gym etc. I suppose I was hoping someone out there would want the name ha.

I personally steer well clear of 123. I started out with them and had nothing but trouble. Ideally registration whould be instant (providing Nominet are having a good day) I use Heart Internet - Many people on this forum have different opinions of different registrars based on different experiences. You can find loads of info here.

Obviously i'm way off, but you have to start somewhere. Do you know of any good sites for me to read and brush up on my knowledge before wasting any more money ha.

You've found it - spend time reading the threads on AD - there is mountains of good advice and personal experience you can learn from! :)

Any questions just ask.

Hope this helps!

Rich :cool:

Spot on! ... :-D

I'm in the process of parking them on sedo. Is that the right thing to do?

I've seen some guys that have say "poker" in their domain name and on the site it links to loads of online gambling sites. I'm guessing that's the kind of thing I need to do, but obviously to sites related to my domain.

I'm in the process of parking them on sedo. Is that the right thing to do?

I've seen some guys that have say "poker" in their domain name and on the site it links to loads of online gambling sites. I'm guessing that's the kind of thing I need to do, but obviously to sites related to my domain.

If the domains dont get any natural type in traffic there is no point listing them on Sedo in the hope of earning any revenue, they will simply be listed for sale and nothing else. If you plan to develop, you will need to setup your own hosted site and get it ranked within search engines to get any traffic.

If the domains dont get any natural type in traffic there is no point listing them on Sedo in the hope of earning any revenue, they will simply be listed for sale and nothing else. If you plan to develop, you will need to setup your own hosted site and get it ranked within search engines to get any traffic.

Gotcha. Cheers Rich, i'll use these as an experiment and see what happens traffic wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom