Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

7 days left until .uk consultation closes on September 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Have you sent Nominet your response yet?

Even a one sentence answer to each question is infinitely better than nothing. The number of responses for/against a particular point is key.

Here's the link to the online version of the consultation: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1276711/Nominet-Consultation-for-registration-at-the-second-level

Here's the link to the editable PDF version of the consultation:
http://www.nominet.org.uk/sites/default/files/secondleveldomainregistrationukeditablepdf.pdf

If you do choose the PDF route, you need to upload it here after filling it in.
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/12767...gistration-at-the-second-level-PDF-submission

5 days to go

only 5 days until the Nominet .uk consultation closes on 22 September

not long to get your feedback done and submitted.

Do we have to have a daily countdown. I think everybody is already aware from the endless other posts on here and the direct emails we have been receiving.

turnout very low

Do we have to have a daily countdown. I think everybody is already aware from the endless other posts on here and the direct emails we have been receiving.

Yes I do. I have not put any arguments in my previous post, just a simple message about the deadline.

The poll started on 'have you submitted .uk feedback' showed 37% intended to submit but have not yet.
With a low poll not sure how many people have not even decided whether they will submit .uk feedback.

The turnout of feedback to this consultation will be very low and every persons feedback will make a difference.

Last .uk consultation there was a banner at the top of Acorn page, giving deadline for the .uk consultation,
I cannot see one at the moment.

As said on Nominet blog:
".uk would be the biggest change to the UK namespace since it began".

That's an incredibly churlish statement given that this forum is all about UK domains and .uk is THE biggest change to our industry since it began, and could hurt ALL our interests.

My goodness, if it's that painful to read a few posts, then just skip over anything that's in the ".UK Domain Name Consultations" forum for the next 5 days when you hit "New Posts"! You can see which forum a thread is in before clicking on the thread title, so that's an instant solution.

Meanwhile, the result of my poll showed there are plenty of folk who fully intend to answer the consultation but have not yet done so - so the reminders are very timely!

(some of this duplicates what Stephen said above - I was clearly typing while he was)

I have yet to complete my submission. I need to find half a day to review the materials, and I shall be referring to Edwin and Stephen's exhaustive work.

I personally find the countdowns and reminders very helpful

Apologies to anybody I annoyed with my post above. Personally I don't think it's the volume of responses that matter but the quality of them. I assume that most people who are planning a substantive response (like Lucien) will already have set aside the necessary time to do so.

Stephen

Edwin, why do you think it matters how many responses they will get?

We are not voting here, are we? Would there be any difference if they get 600 responses or 50,000? Assuming the ratio of pro and against views is the same. Would there be a difference and who is to decide when so? Nominet thinks that it has final say but do we know how many responses Nominet needs to get to consider findings of this survey to have any significance?

Which, larger or smaller number of responses is better? If number is too small we can say that Nominet did no spread the word far enough and discredit the findings.

I do think that more responses would be better especially from people who made informed decision.

I sent my response BTW.

Max Karpis

It's hugely important to get more (numeric) responses as well as high quality ones.

Especially since there has been various verbiage around V1's feedback that suggests that they're not "weighting" responses particularly i.e. it doesn't matter who answered or how much they said, it's all "worth" about the same to Nominet.

Where detailed responses become vital is in A) influencing Nomensa's external report, since they frequently quote from responses and B) making points that you can "prove" Nominet must have seen and read, since they will publish your response publicly after the consultation process ends.

Nomensa's first report (they're the independent agency brought in by Nominet to summarise V1 consultation) gave a % pro/con weighting against each section of the proposal.

You can bet that the registrars will have been drumming up their teams to post lots of "we love this idea" type responses, so it's critical to have a good level of negative responses to A) reflect what you're thinking and B) balance the ra-ra-ra efforts of the registrars.

Take a look at this Nomensa report to see what I mean. You don't have to read it in detail, but you'll quickly see how they've presented positive and negative feedback to each topic.
http://www.nominet.org.uk/sites/default/files/NomensaAnalysisFinal.pdf

Important: Nominet's internal report didn't give any information about volumes for/against - it's only the independent report that did.

Last edited:
Last working day .uk deadline

Last working day (for some) before .uk consultation deadline of 22 September.

Enjoy the weekend.

Worth noting that for the V1 consultation, they took down the submission link just before 5pm. Not sure how it will work being a Sunday, but I suppose they might have a "cron" job to kill it within notional office hours.

In other words, if you're planning on submitting a response, don't leave it until Sunday evening

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom