Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

5 days on holidays and you can get you domains DELETED ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right section .....I don`t see any other section suitable.......anyway......

I was browsing around...........looking to register a .US and reading the:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS registration agreement tld specific terms

of "one of the biggest registrar and drop catcher company"........and let`s see whwat they write at point number 3:
----------------------------------------------
3 - INACCURATE OR UNRELIABLE DATA.
You hereby represent and warrant that the data provided in the domain name registration application is true, correct, up to date and complete and that you will continue to keep all the information provided up to date. Your willful provision of inaccurate or unreliable information, your willful failure promptly to update information provided to us, or any failure to respond for over five calendar days to our inquiries addressed to the e-mail address of the administrative, billing or technical contact then appearing in the Whois directory with respect to a domain name concerning the accuracy of contact details associated with any registration(s) or the registration of any domain name(s) registered by or through you or your account, shall constitute a breach of this Agreement.
-------------------------------------------------

Ok......my first language is not English but I`m getting the impression that if they want to delete domains of people who are on holiday who`s going to stop them?
I sometimes go away from any pc for more than 5 days !!!!!

This is the small print...

18. NOTICES.

1&1 may provide notice to you via e-mail sent to the e-mail address provided by you upon registration or as subsequently provided by you to 1&1. Such notice is deemed "effective" whether you "receive" it or not.

You may provide notice to 1&1 in one of the following ways:

Such notice, statement or other document so delivered to 1&1, except as this Agreement expressly provides otherwise, shall be conclusively deemed to have been given when first personally delivered, on the date of delivery or on the first date of receipt. Notice by e-mail to 1&1 shall be deemed "ineffective", "null" and "void" unless a copy of such notice is also sent by "registered" or certified mail, and postmarked not more than five days subsequent to the giving of e-mail notice. Any such e-mail notice to 1&1 shall be deemed "effective" as of the date on which 1&1 receives the certified or registered mail notice

they have got you by the snort & kurlies!!!!

hello, as I wrote before English is just my second language so I don`t understand what you mean, sorry.

Maybe someone else will kindly explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom