Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain 4 Letter .com's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking to buy an LLLL.com (any letters) for fixed price $200, maybe more for patterns

PM me with domain and payment details

thanks

Last edited:
Good luck in finding an LLLL for $200... you'd be pretty hard pushed to find anyone selling below the $1K figure as prices are rising week-on-week.

The average sales price for just an OK LLLL.com is now $3k, and by the end of next week you'll probably see that price increasing again, and again... (owners are currently riding the wave)

But hey, you knew all this anyway ;)

Best,
Barry

You're misinformed Barry. There are plenty of LLLL.com selling for less than $1k at the moment. Here's a link to sales from 18th November 2015 where plenty did.

Thank's for the link Mr T, appreciated - I totally forgot about auction sites and was purely focusing in my mind on domain resellers in forums etc, my bad! x

Wowzers > Shak seems an absolute bargain... awesome pronounceable 4L.com - Nice investment imo and it wouldn't surprise me if we see that change hands in the future for a great deal more.

When you look at some of the prices these have fetched, Shak then looks like a sure winner > http://www.gotw.com/example-domain-name-prices-2015.htm

Mr G

(I could actually think of one former UK domain investor who might have liked shak.com He's @shak on Twitter and was once the registrant of football.co.uk and a portfolio of other single word generic sporting domain names. I believe he also bought and sold both chat.co.uk and enterprise.co.uk at one point).

That's correct Mr T... I've actually stayed in contact with Shak and he's moved on to much bigger and better things, great guy and extremely active within the tech world.

One of Shak's most active sites, besides the likes of Spotify which invested in, and still an adviser to Daniel Ek etc.. is his CoinDesk.com which is the leading Bitcoin News site within the industry - He's invested in a large number of successful companies and always on the look out for the next big thing. He's done extremely well and its been great watching him go from strength-to-strength

I just done a quick search and you have a number of wealthy individuals which you could very easily market "Shak" too... If i had a better first name "I hate the name Barry, lol", then i would 100% pay a premium for owning my .com, in fact i actually offered $75k for Garner.com back in 2009 after i sold my company to 123-REG, and got the following reply >

=================
Hi Barry

Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.

Garner is the 350th most popular last-name in the US. There are approx 90,000 people with the last name of Garner in the US alone.

I am exploring relaunching our last-name email service. If even 1% of the Garners in the US sign up at $10/yr, that is $9k/yr in recurring revenue.

Garner is also the name of a rapidly growing town in North Carolina. I own NorthCarolina.com, so would want to keep related cities. Its population increased 40% in the past 8 years to 25,000. So Garner.com is valuable for this reason as well.

I understand your desire to acquire Garner.com, but I can't justify accepting your offer.

Best Regards,
Nat
=================

I very much doubt Shak even knew the name was for sale as I'm sure he would have snapped it up at that price, unless of course he did? in which case its a great buy imo...

It's rare that peoples first names come up for sale in the .com extension, normally because they are owned by serial / tech entrepreneurs who acquired them for vanity purposes (just as i would).

Forget the Chinese on this occasion as Shak is an extremely popular Arabian name... Come forward "Sheikh Shak" :p

Would you like a next best option? ;)

Eeeeewww, you filthy animal... why would anyone register a .me.uk when you can have just me > https://who.is/whois/garner.me ;)

If you don't like "Barry" as a first name, why don't you change it? What first name do you think you would prefer more, or perhaps you could do like many others do and use your middle name?

I think people who change their name much later in life are just weird... but if i had the choice at birth I'd opt for James, Jacob or David "James Garner" has a nice ring to it ;)

From above I see you emailed Nat from Telepathy. You surely know they apparently don't sell anything cheap.

Yeah, Nat is a true professional... and its extremely rare "if at all" that he sells his names. I think for him to do so you'd need to be in the $500k+ range.

His name actually isn't "Shak". That is simply what he abbreviates it to because it's easier to speak and spell. Alternatively maybe he has acquired it and we'll see so in the near future.

I will pretend you didn't just tell me his real name isn't Shak - I think after knowing him for 10+ years I'd know that Mr T :p

I imagine if @shak cared then he'd have known, given he's an ex domain name investor.

I actually thought the same, however, when you're juggling 101 other things its easy to forget things too, thats assuming he even knew about the domain becoming available? I say that because over the years I've enquired about many domains, as like you I'm sure... And if we use Garner.com as an example - Since my offer was rejected many moons ago, I've not once gone back to look at the whois, apart from tonight, lol. So if it ever became available i would have no idea whatsoever, unless of course someone told me it was up for grabs!

Anyway, as you said previously he may have purchased it, only time will tell DoooDoooDoooDoooDoooDooooDoooDooo BTW *that was my attempt at the twilight zone*

Best,
Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom