Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal 2Music.co.uk & ToMusic.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I should be charging for my advice ;)

Think about it logically if the domains were capable of making money, would they really drop?

Ok some domain buyers dont know how too sell a domain name, they buy because they have an idea and the idea doesnt work so they think nah shant renew it.

The value on each is £5 what you do with it now is how much value it will increase.

Personally I would probaly have it as a small website that links to napster so you get bountys on each sign up.

I honestly wouldnt try developing this into a full working website, you may get someone offer you money but only if they want the domain badly enough too pay more than a fiver, but whether you get someone mad enough too buy them, well another person apart from yourself then mad enough too buy them is another thing lol

Regards

Mark

God I should be charging for my advice ;)

Think about it logically if the domains were capable of making money, would they really drop?

err.... yes :rolleyes: Otherwise there wouldn't be drop catchers would there :confused:

err.... yes :rolleyes: Otherwise there wouldn't be drop catchers would there :confused:

Agreed, the original holder may have,

1. Forgotten to renew
  2. Forgotten to set the domain to auto renew
  3. Gone into liquidation
  4. Given up a particular line of work
  5. Died

etc etc... there are many reasons why domain names drop on a daily basis and its not just because they are domains that have been left to expire on purpose.... hence as Fred rightly says, a lot of drop catchers exsist and make a lot of money out of situations (and others) that I have listed above. :)

Anyway, back to the domains... Nothing really springs to mind at the moment, I cant say they are anything special but equally I cant say they are particularily bad... If it were me I would monitor to see if they get traffic first and then take from there.

Of course it is good that you have them as a package becuase one is a typo of the other and vice versa.

Rich :cool:

Last edited:
Thankfully all my domains get renewed automatically so I never have that problem, but I have cancelled some domains simply because of not making money or havent got the time too work on them, and have never really bothered about trying too sell any before.

Only reason why I've got a bit of a buzz at the moment is being offered money for one of my domains.

I would still make it so that its a mini website that links to Napster or other record shops and try and get some money that way with commissions and sign ups.

If you can also get eBay product feeds on it for musical instruments so you have the best of both Worlds.

The domain could make you money but personally I think only going down the route that I have pointed out.... I might be wrong but when you was born as sexy as me, thats usually very rare ;)

Regards

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom