Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

15 Days or 8 Days To Mount A Defence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is this some kind of joke?

Taking into account the forms didn't arrive until yesterday although they presume the 28th, I only had 14 left, then having to waste my time complaining about the complainant's complaint - exactly... this reduces me to 13 days. Then there's the post which reduces me further to 12 or 11 days, minus a weekend and that makes 8 days.

Surely this should be extended to at the very least, a couple of months so case work on previous DRS issues can be scanned and worked on and examples given and a real worthy case handed over to fight any complaint?

Now I stand to lose several hundred pounds - at a guess, fighting a case which the complainant has brought for free to try for some reason to take what's rightly mine for two years for nothing, albeit for £750 in the end if they win and a further £3000 if the lose and wish to appeal and a further several thousand pound if they're still not convinced and then go to court.

And then I will be further inconvenienced at DRS stage 2 as I have to concentrate on this instead. One DRS a month and it would effectively put a small business out of er.... business. That's the thing about unregulated markets, the one making the market always gets penalised before it becomes regulated. Unfortunately one unregulated market has seen me move into another unregulated market. :rolleyes:

Could members please look at increasing the duration to a couple of months in future and lengthening the whole process to at least 9 to 18 months. At the moment it seems like a fast track 'order now and get your pizza in 20 minutes' service. Alternatively provide a way for the defendent to (the phrase respondent is such a falsehood, say it for what it is) receive as much time as the prosecution/complainant had to make their case.

They had four months, I have eight days. Call that fair? :???:

Irony - minus a further 10 minutes because of this post.

It's 15 working days which again is better.

You see what the complainant has done, purposely distracted my attention from the real issue of the DRS by slurring my good character in a handful of ways, we're fast getting back on track. I've just got to ignore the personal assault and hope the expert does also.

Although I won't be exactly ignoring the personal assault.

As Colombo would say ' Just the facts maam, just the facts'

How does it work for people who live abroad? The post can take several days to a week to reach them - it's not like First Class which gets there the next morning...

Invincible if you're not going to be helpful then don't bother responding, if I want a circus act, I can go to the circus. I know the basics and I know why people can complain that's not to say I agree with it and I know what one little toe is doing and that's in domaining, the other nine however are not.

So don't assume. And so far I've found the DRS process severly lacking in rules and policy, perhaps they should meet more often to assess it. You'll also notice the massive ask compared to the last.

Alternatively provide a way for the defendent to (the phrase respondent is such a falsehood, say it for what it is) receive as much time as the prosecution/complainant had to make their case.

That's what I would be after and at least more time to respond.

If you're "into" domain names, you'll attract complaints. Didn't someone tell you? Did you simply expect to pay £5.88 for a few dozen domain names, each, and then watch the multi-thousand-pound cheques roll in?

Yes, isn't that what happens oh smart one? oh thank you for shedding new light on the situation. Your intelligence is shown to all in the last paragraph... and as for if the process took longer it would cost more money? what rubbish, it's the same process it would just be longer.

Several aspects need looking into and whether I win or not this will be highlighted to those concerned with or without a solicitor's letter to either party.

I think there were some wise words hidden deeply within invincibles (now regular) diatribe of hatred and filth.

I think that he is trying to be extremely helpful in cutting to the chase to help focus on the parts that are really important in keeping your domain.

That's the way I read it anyhow.

-aqls-

Both replies are helpful, however it had already been answered more eloquently and less straight and I do like straight just not patronisingly straight.

Once I get this scanner sorted I shall hopefully upload the exhibits and DRS and then certain people can have a butchers. I'm currently printing out evidence to support me at the moment.

That's fair enough re the courts and a lengthy DRS.

In a perverse kind of way I'm actually enjoying it. I face up to events, it's my nature but is more than 100 pages of exhibits extreme though? haha it shouldn't be that much, half maybe, afterall most are pictures and quick examples... I'll even be using their exhibits as evidence.

I know to stick to the facts but to get my point across and to ensure every accusation is answered and countered I may need all the print outs.

I only have to argue two points, those being a defence against abusive registration and two counts of unregistered trademark however when the complainant brings up another 20 different points one of which a defamation, I should explain my reasons shouldn't I?

Then the expert gets a fuller picture of why I exist, why I do what I do and why the domain in my possession should be considered fair use and non abusive and really has nothing to do with the complainant whatsoever.

I don't understand anyone who gets all huffy about being called filthy. :D

[tin hat]

I was just trying to point out the light in your argument. (and had to prepare the ground!). No serious offence intended !

-aqls-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom